What's YOUR Favorite Rolling Papers?

Everybody that rolls their own has got to have their favorite kind of rolling papers. I know I do. I bet you do too.

What kind/brand of papers do YOU prefer to roll your herb in, and why do you prefer it?

I'll start. :battingeyelashes:

I have come to really appreciate those cellulose papers and bluntwraps--you know, those clear thingies that disappear when you accidentally dump them on the floor whilst you're fumbling to get just one out of the packet and they all stick to your fingers and you drag out twenty to one. They can almost roll themselves with the heat from your palm, but they can be a trick to make roll as they're not only stiff and slick, but they come to life as you hold them, curling this way or that--just the way you don't want them to, just when you don't want them to do it...they're a pain in the bum, actually. But oh the taste!

Paper-papers all have an acrid taste, I don't care how sheer they are, though I have my favorites of those too. But these newfangled clear jobbies not only seem to make the weed taste pure (to me), but also acts as a wrapper to keep the herb fresh until the next time it's lit, even if that's a month later.

Amazing.

So ayup, clear papers are now my "clear" favorite.

What's yours?

:ganjamon:

i usually only use original orange zig-zags, can't go wrong

Hey Irish,
I've been smoking for 6 years(although i recently ventured into cultivation), and my absolute faves are

1. Smoking DeLuxe
2. Smoking Master
3. Smoking Green
4. Juicy Jay Flavored Blunt wraps(the ones that come 8 in the pack)
5. Dutch Masters Honey Sport
6. Bob Marley King Hemp

These are my absolute faves... If you get the chance to try any or all you wont be disappointed..:popcorn::joint:

Used to like Marfil (gold), but can't get those anymore. Now using Job French Light 1.25's

In a bind I'll use std Job or the silver (rice) Job, have a real pref for the Job brand.

FWIW - I've tried Zig-Zag, Bamboo, Club, and Rizla, and others, but keep coming back to Job (or Marfil if I could still get them).

zig-zag slow burn (orange pack) i have tried just about every paper out there and i just love the slow burn zig-zags. always a nice even burn, never canoes. perfect every time.

I gotta say that I like the taste from Juicey Jay's, but there was this one time that a friend of mine rolled some hemp joints and I really enjoyed them. What's the best hemp rolling paper?

Hey Irish,
I've been smoking for 6 years(although i recently ventured into cultivation), and my absolute faves are

1. Smoking DeLuxe
2. Smoking Master
3. Smoking Green
4. Juicy Jay Flavored Blunt wraps(the ones that come 8 in the pack)
5. Dutch Masters Honey Sport
6. Bob Marley King Hemp

These are my absolute faves... If you get the chance to try any or all you wont be disappointed..:popcorn::joint:

Hey DroJo!

I've never heard of the first 3, but I've got some of the Juicy Jay flavored blunt wraps AND some of their flavored papers--Absinth being my fav. And I just got a pack of the Bob Marley King Hemps. I'll have to try out the Smoking papers.

Have you tried the Cyclone clear bluntwraps with the flavored tiparillos? Pretty cool, and tasty too. When I get down to only having one variety (fat chance these days *LOL*), I often will go to the flavored papes just to taste something different. Peach is peachy. :ganjamon:

I gotta say that I like the taste from Juicey Jay's, but there was this one time that a friend of mine rolled some hemp joints and I really enjoyed them. What's the best hemp rolling paper?

Hempires are good. The Bob Marley King Hemps are pretty good too, and a shade thinner than the Hempires.

Funny that the Zigzag Orange is mentioned more than once. They've been a staple as far back as I can remember, which, oddly, is a very long time. I've kind of put the ZigZag silver ahead of the Orange pack, simply because they are more sheer and roll better. Nice thing about the Orange though--you can find them anywhere. Just about anything else is a crapshoot unless you hit a head shop....

:smokin:

i live out in the boonies with no head shop for miles and miles.... gotta go with French Lights. best papers i can find at these convenience stores! haha. and i like the royal blunts... purple haze. wanna try georgia peach next

I rarely smoke joints, and the only papers I've tried are orange Zig-Zag, Juicy Jays and RAW papers. The RAW papers probably taste the best, but orange Zig-Zags are my favorite if only for their nostalgic value.

Used to like Marfil (gold), but can't get those anymore. Now using Job French Light 1.25's

In a bind I'll use std Job or the silver (rice) Job, have a real pref for the Job brand.

FWIW - I've tried Zig-Zag, Bamboo, Club, and Rizla, and others, but keep coming back to Job (or Marfil if I could still get them).

I know a lot of old heads that have sworn by JOB for decades NCal. Job has a texture that makes pliable and easy to roll with. Plus you can find them at almost any convenience store.

I used to love the 1.25 Rizla longs,but the advent of consistently potent bud in the 80's made me give 'em up.(I'd be noddiing a 1/4 of the way in.) Still when it's nothing but schwag or I get a gift of trim,I make a run to the bong store to get my Rizlas and relive my past.

LOL! I remember those! In fact, remember the old Cheech and Chong album, Big Bambu? The cover was made like a gigantor Big Bamboo pack, and inside was this HUGE paper--made by Big Bambu, of course. I guarded that paper for a couple of years in the album, until one Thanksgiving when the whole family and all of our friends came to celebrate and have dinner since it was my turn to cook the extravaganza. Last minute market run to get the cranberry sauce (it's a sin to have Thanksgiving dinner without it! *LOL*) and when I get back my paper had been pilfered and a whole oz and a half had been cleaned (yeah, back then all the weed was seedy) and rolled into the biggest Bambu blunt I've ever seen before or since.

I do believe that was the best Thanksgiving I've ever had!

I do too,Ab. Wasn't the story of Blind Melon Chittlin' on that album?

We used to go with the Esmeralda's for the giant joints back here,Irish. An ex-girlfriend (now a Grandma) has a pic of me with a half ounce Esmeralda from some wasted night in the mid-70's.

I don't miss that low grade weed but I sure miss my hair.

Love all the replies and varieties of papes out there that people actually use. :rollit: I used to be a bit of a paper snob and only rolled with the sheerest, non-gummed and god forbid non-flavored papers. And though I still love the taste of weed rolled in a near tasteless paper, I'm broadening my scope to include many of the flavored varieties of papers and blunt wraps.

Bacon flavor.... *LOL* I've tasted that, actually. Didn't think at first that inhaling smoked pork fat flavorings would be such a great idea, but it wasn't half bad! :grinjoint:

I still like the fruity ones, though. And Absinth is my fav. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom