What's your tapwaters PH level

willoby

I was just wondering if anyone who wanted to, could post and tell us where your from and what your tapwater PH reading is...I have read some posts that say people use local tap and it is between 5.5-6.5 but here in beautiful Las Vegas Nevada, I have readings of 8+ coming from my tap...If I let it sit for a few hours, I'm looking at aroung7.5-7.8 but no lower....Is it just me or does Las Vegas have quite a high PH level tapwater....Anyhow, just interested to see how it varies per state and city so any input would be appreciated and interesting to me and possibly others too....

Re: What's your tapwaters PH level???

Hey, Willboy I live in the Massachusette area and my tap reads ph'd about 7.5 to 7.0 even after I have left it out for 24hrs. So i just ph my tap water to 6.0 or 6.5:thumb:

Hey, Willboy I live in the Massachusette area and my tap reads ph'd about 7.5 to 7.0 even after I have left it out for 24hrs. So i just ph my tap water to 6.0 or 6.5:thumb:

Right on, thank you for the input...Are you using tap in your grow exclusively?? I have been doing it now for a few weeks just because I was getting R.O. water from a local water store and having to drag around 7- 5 gallon jugs in and out of the house every week or so and that just sucks!! If the tap will not hurt my plants(haven't seen any negative effects yet) I will stick to that..:thumb:

Right on, thank you for the input...Are you using tap in your grow exclusively?? I have been doing it now for a few weeks just because I was getting R.O. water from a local water store and having to drag around 7- 5 gallon jugs in and out of the house every week or so and that just sucks!! If the tap will not hurt my plants(haven't seen any negative effects yet) I will stick to that..:thumb:

Yes, I've been using tap water that I ph'd now going on 3 weeks and I've been growing a auto strain. So I don't see a issue with using tap water as long as you let it sit out for 12/24hrs. just to be on the safe side then ph the water and you'll be all set. I haven't had any problem myself and i'm a beginner growing my first auto.:slide:

what is the ppm of your tap water?as my ph runs about 8.0 and ppm of 600 no wonder the water tastes lke shit
Wink

what is the ppm of your tap water?as my ph runs about 8.0 and ppm of 600 no wonder the water tastes lke shit
Wink

I lost my ppm meter a little over a month ago and haven't got a new one yet...My water in Vegas would make a dog vomit(maybe exaggerating a little) so I'm guessing it is around 500-600?? I will find out soon and relay it back to this thread....:slide::slide::slide:

Just a little info from Denmark :p
Tap water PH 7-7.2 Ec 0.640 Don't know what ppm scale you are using :)
The PH seem to increase 1 a day.. But maybe that was because of heat problem with the water..

Back
Top Bottom