WheelOFortune's - first turn

CMX, yes another SC, i haven't pulled any HS yet because they are the big girls and i want them to fill out as much as possible. another 4-5 days to harvest. you will see them then.

Maxx,
yeah. I'll tell again. . .

I ordered 10 fem snowryders.
i'll grow them out, and STS one to get fem pollen.

i'm kinda broke right now, so i'll just fill in the rest with LR#2 seeds i get from this run.
I'm also gonna grow out some of my crosses, under a seperate light, and as fem auto phenos show themselves, they'll join the party in the wheel.

I haven't decided yet whether to seed them all and get a huge seed stock, or selectively breed them like i did this turn. I might just seed them all to show what the wheel can do, but I want smoke too lol. we'll see.

also maxx, if you look back a few pages you'll see the stats and a couple pics for snowryder. supposedly very potent auto strain that won't get over 14".

seed a couple under those tubes you don't need and hid for seeds and they should seed fast because they're AF snowryder is from sensi white label right it looks big and frosty likely some keeper phenos

Thanks ont, your prob. right about the seeds. i'd get a billion, and IMO ruin good smoke.
And i have a good 4 bulb T8 flouo, a 250w mh, and a 400w switchable that i don't use right now, but i will use one to detect which of my crosses are female and show auto trait. that will be on the other half of the tent, opposit from the volks.

But then again, i wouldn't need to seed again for years if i did seed the whole thing.
And there would be safety in my stock. i could store some in different places. and maybe bury some somewhere or something in case of an emergency. wouldn't feel so bad throwing a harvest in the woodburner at the last minute if i had too. . . if i had an easy backup.

also ont,
the seeds I ordered aren't from sensi . . . the ones from sensi are still autoflower, but that strain is like 2 or 3 years old now. those ones get big. too big.

the seeds i ordered are from dopeseeds from breeders called "short stuff" (the first link that says auto dope seeds). they have mostly dwarf autoflower strains, although they do have one that will get 18". this version of the snowryder won't get over 14" tall, just , my size! i figure these are the genes I want!

now that i think about it. . . i'm not sure i want a ton of LR cross SR, which is what i would get if I seeded the whole wheel. I think i will seed all 9 (or however many) SR females to get as much seed as I can (save one maybe for a sample) and only 2 or 3 of each of the other strains I have. i'll leave the other 50-60 LR's to be sensi.

I will keep the fem-male in the fridge like i did this time, let some females join him/her for a while and then go back to the wheel. it didn't inadvertantly pollinate any of the others when i used that method this turn.

I'm going to have to seperate males from females this turn, growing mainly lr2 normals.
thats ok, as ill be seperating my crosses anyways. i think I'll fill it in stages. makes no diff with autos.

ok I've devised a plan: based on a 9 week harvest cycle.

week 1)
germinate (5)SR, (10) LR#2, (15) LR2xSC, and (15)LR2xHS

we can assume that:
All 5 SR will be fem
10 out of the 20 LR#2 should be fem
2-4 of the 15 LR2xSC and
2-4 of the 15 LR2xHS should be auto fem's
giving me 19-23ish auto fems.

AT WEEK 3
Do the same as week 1.
Pull all the males between days 19-21 when they show
Pull all plants not in flower by day 28, not interested in those genes at the moment.

AT WEEK 6
germinate as many plants as it takes to fill the wheel (keep some on the outside so fems can be switched with males as they show.

AT WEEK 9
Harvest week 1 palnts
GERMINATE ALL FEM SEEDS FROM WEEK 1!!!!!!

then i should be able to germinate all fems every three weeks, germinate 30 and take the best 26-27.

If i could get it poppin, 10 gram plants = 10 oz every 3 weeks.
20 gram plants (i doubt i can do that) = 20 oz every 3 weeks.
right now, compared to this grow, I'd be happy with 5 gram plants = 5 oz every 3 weeks.

i'll get more dwarf auto fems to cross in future turns.

Very nice. Sounds like it'll keep you busy. I've been doing perpetual (almost) harvest since I started. The more plants you have, obviously the more work. If you're just growing for yourself, you are going to be the man with lot's o' bud. I grow enough for myself and to pay my bills, in Cali, that means I have to grow at least a 1/2# every month. I'm eager to find out how you AF bud smokes and tastes!? Once I hear from someone who has actually consumed some, I may be a bit more inclined to try it!

Nice job on the scheduling, I keep meaning to put together one for myself, but I'm really just winging it. I take clones before I remove plants for harvest, then I harvest enough plants to make room for ones from the veg room, and repeat the cycle as necessary. It seems I always encounter some sort of setback, or obstacle that keeps me from actually meeting my deadlines. Also, growing multiple varieties means various ripening times. It's all a labor of love though. I was a mason (brick, block, stone, and concrete), so this work is much less labor intensive, even if it requires more time.

that sounds good..but have you thought of just getting a good female 7 to 8 week kush or 100% Indica strain and just do clones every 2 to 3 weeks ..sounds like that would be a lot easier and you don't have too mess with males and growing from seeds...

thats why he is fem the seeds wof is just breading the regualar plants turning them into af then he is going to femize them ithink right wof?

Hey WoF are u keeping any regualar seeds to keep the gens just incase u want to try something else later down the line? Like some reg SC and reg HS just incase would hate to see HS lost it looks like its some killer stuff

thats right inferno, i should have a great stock of auto FEM's in like 9-10 weeks. believe me gowing out these males is a pain, and i dont want to do it every time. at least IMO.

I have a bunch of feminized SC that i made a few cycles ago. i never had any HS seed or moms, these are clones from a friend. I'f i wanted i could get more from him so i'm not stressin about seeds. I will start to backcross the crosses this turn and try to get a stable auto HS pheno.

also seeds are easy to come by on the internet these days. if you have $100 to spend, you can get the best genetics on the planet to suit whatever your taste.

I already have a perpetual garden going myself and it's not as easy as I would have thought. I think your system will work and want to see you do it.:smokin:
Doing great my friend keep it green.:bong:

Pan4

lol, you crack me up Pan. ++reps for modesty

I think maintaining 21 strains in the perpetual system might have something to do with the difficulty level;) If there was a category for it, I'd submit your grow to the Guiness Book of World Records.

also seeds are easy to come by on the internet these days. if you have $100 to spend, you can get the best genetics on the planet to suit whatever your taste.

I always feel like it's a gamble, I've had friends order, and meet with confiscation, yet I've ordered twice with complete success. I'm about to place another order (seeds specifically for the VG) and see how it goes.

sounds good man try speed queen with lowryder it's only 5-6weeks flowering

i'm gonna harvest tomorrow when my boy the baker gets back in town.

I speed dried this last sample. I hate being out and I hate buying garbage from dealers.

I can't wait to have a plethora once again.

Back
Top Bottom