WheelOFortune's - first turn

Current setup-

So this is my very first turn of the wheel. Its completely full, and now I have nothing to do but watch it really. some minor resevoir things once in a while, If I didn't love looking at it so much, I'd get really bored quickly. a run down of what i have:

a 4x8 grow tent
an 8" inline duct boost fan from homedepot and (2) 8" to 6" reducers
Volksgarden
25 gallon res
150 gph res pump
Quantum dimmable ballast 600 w
600 w HPS hortilux bulb
air pump and stones for the res
tower style reciprocating fan
8" centifugal fan (not in use yet, until i get a carbon filter)
250 watt MH, hydrofarm for veg
a home made cloning box that i made out of a freezer and a house thermostat. (controls temp to the exact degree, its my baby for my babies)
CO2 regulator and tank (only 5#, need to go with a 20# to make it worthwhile.)

Whats inside?
42 strawberry cough from a mom i made from seed a long time ago (dutch passion),
32 holy shit, a clone from a friend of a nice indica (local goodie)
5 (1 died) LowRyder #2 (joint doctor).

my plan: i dont grow to sell, so seeds aren't an issue if i don't care.

I am going to cross the lowryder#2' with both the holy shit and the strawberry cough.
the lowryders will be the only males in the wheel, so all seeds will be lowryder crosses.
i will start seeds from the crosses and seperate out any that show the autoflower gene.
ill then cross those females with more lowryder seed stock males that i have. if a third LR cross is neccessary to stabilize the cross, so be it. My goal is to have my very own autoflower SC x LR#2 cross and HS x LR#2 cross. once i have a large stock of seeds i will finally be able to grow sensi again.

this is my first venture into breeding, and its my first turn of my new setup too! I hope i can get it all right the first time. I know there will be interest as to how the LR's fair in the wheel.

by my next turn i hope to be able to purchase an intellidose and some paristaltic pumps to control my res ph and feeding schedule. i know its expensive and perhaps overkill, i don't care. don't try to talk me out of it. I'm a (sometimes mad) scientist, overkill is my nature.

I'm not gonna go crazy with pics, i dont even have a digital cam. i have a web cam though for a quick peak.

1 week veg, 2nd day of 12/12
2009-03-25-153042.jpg

2009-03-25-152946.jpg

2009-03-25-153004.jpg

Very nice. Glad to see you doing a journal. Did you decide to use a proxy? Is it easy?

I love watching these grows!

I love the pollinator side of your grow. :popcorn: Seeds are by far the most expensive things on the planet lb for lb though. Having the mail order magic bullet would be popular. ;)

The way mine filled in this time out it makes me think of some kind other kind of biomass production, though what is not clear yet.

Cheers,
Maxx

here is my home built cloning incubator-
2009-03-26-104142.jpg

2009-03-26-104215.jpg

2009-03-26-104418.jpg

2009-03-26-104438.jpg

2009-03-26-104352.jpg

2009-03-26-104817.jpg

you can see the 2 LR#2's that havent sprouted yet, they go next to these three

2009-03-26-104628.jpg

soon my plan will come to fruition, Muah ha ha ha!

I like the home built, whats the thermostat hooked up to? a fan?

jeff, i am using torbutton for firefox, it bounces your internet requests through a bunch of servers and each server in the chain only knows the server on either side of it. it hides my IP and erases any tracks back. Its slow as hell though. but you can turn it on or off at will depending on where you are surfing.

the thermostat is hooked directly up to the refrigeration of the freezer ( the compressor) I had to get a 5v dc to 110 v ac transformer because the thermostat runs on 5v dc and the fridge runs 110. I used this with a 250w MH as my entire setup for a while but with dwc it was too humid in there. but it works perfectly as a cloner.

i always like to travel the road less traveled, build my own stuff, try my own thing. . . it doesn't always work out, but sometimes you get a surprise and something you did works great as something you didnt intend, lol. like my cloner. I have close to 100% success rate in that thing.

Can you post a "how to" on the thermostat/refrigerator?

Hey,

my posts were deleted but i think u got the wrong idea... i'm not trying to mess wit anybody just thinking that 2k is a lot to spend if ur not getting more than 1/2 lb. also would sell that shit myself so figured you would too. sorry for the mixup

wheeloffortune, i wuz wondering if a 1000 watt might be better for ur grow. would it be too hot or would it increase yield? maxximus this question for you too.

thanks and sorry again.

Hey,

my posts were deleted but i think u got the wrong idea... i'm not trying to mess wit anybody just thinking that 2k is a lot to spend if ur not getting more than 1/2 lb. also would sell that shit myself so figured you would too. sorry for the mixup

wheeloffortune, i wuz wondering if a 1000 watt might be better for ur grow. would it be too hot or would it increase yield? maxximus this question for you too.

thanks and sorry again.

:rolleyes3 ;)

lumen per watt is better with the 600s. unless you have a control unit happening its going to be tough to tell if you are getting better results with a 1000 watter. I have heard rumors of very impressive numbers coming from 600 watt lamps in this style of grow. If you have a 1,000 watt hanging round without anything to do and dont feel like forking out the $$$ then I say put it to work, though you will have to stay further from the light I think.

Cheers,
Maxx

no problem maxx, you prob. know more than me anywyas, but i've been thinking, you increased your watts to 1000, and now your getting uncontrolled growth, a possible link? hmmm. . . maybe the 1000 IS making a big difference. just a thouht, what do you think?

p.s. feel free to answer questions at will, there will be times i won't be able to log on for some time due to other obligations. man i can't wait for an intellidose. freedom from my res!

:peace:
WOF

WheeloFortune, how much did you pay for your 4'x8' tent? What kind is it? Do you think you could fit 2 VGs in it? I was considering getting one or a 8'x8' tent, i wonder if the 8'x8' would have enough room for 2 VGs and a smaller tent for my mothers? It would be nice to have everything in one tent with one carbon filter.

jeff,
i couldn't fit two in mine, you'd need to get one at least 9' wide. i just use the other half to store neuts, extra rokwool, etc. etc.

i say get one before you get two.

gl

Here is an update:

had a couple LR#2's die, so i figured what the hell, ill germinate the rest of my stock. im getting seeds anyways, if i have to pull a couple of the runts from the wheel, so be it.
2009-03-30-201549.jpg

here's the LR#2 already in the wheel, the big one has been in like 6 days, and the smallest 1.
2009-03-30-201658.jpg

heres some strawberry cough
2009-03-30-201738.jpg

and some holy shit
2009-03-30-201717.jpg

enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom