When do I encourage ripening? General Hydro

Moshnaked

I have a 4 gallon DWC setup running Flora Series nutes.
Im growing master kush, its estimated flowering time is 7-9 weeks.
I'm currently 39 days in. About 5 1/2 weeks

Im using the feeding schedule provided by GH

The problem is the feeding schedule assumes the plant has a flowering stage 12 weeks long.. So Ive been adjusting accordingly.

On week 11 on the chart provided, there is a "ripening" stage before the flush. The hairs on my plant are about 20-30 percent red by now. Should I switch to the ripening stage, or wait a week?

I tried looking into this before, but it seems the only answers I can find are regarding GH's ACTUAL ripening solution, and not just there mixture of nutes in there normal feeding schedule.

Any opinions would be MUCH appreciated.

I’ve been using GH for years, and Ripen is a new-ish product for them. The ripen week is just the week that GH backs nutrient loads down the week before flush and focuses on the FloraMicro and drops Grow and Bloom some. I am brand new to the Ripen product, so I’m not sure about it yet, but it is a part of my current grow (Just not quite there yet lol). So I always viewed the ‘ripen week’ as the beginning of bringing PPM down in the rez, and getting ready to flush. As for when, unfortunately the pistil hair ratio should give you an idea, but I like to be a little closer than 20-30%. A BETTER way is to get a jewelers loupe and really look at those trichromes. Use the cloudiness / amber color of those and you’ll get a better read (also use this for harvest decisions). I switch to ripen generally when I start seeing a decent amount of amber, but still mostly cloudy. Once you’ve grown a genetic once you’ll have a much better picture of the ‘when’. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom