When do I flower?

dusteff

420 Member
Good day everyone!

I'm trying to figure out when to flower this Tangerine Dream.. it's been a month and a half in veg. I'm planning on moving her outside within a week and would like some advice on when to trigger flower.

She's getting bushy with two toppings and minor LST.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20200618_112122.jpg
    20200618_112122.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20200618_112128.jpg
    20200618_112128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Good day everyone!

I'm trying to figure out when to flower this Tangerine Dream.. it's been a month and a half in veg. I'm planning on moving her outside within a week and would like some advice on when to trigger flower.

She's getting bushy with two toppings and minor LST.

Thoughts?
There isn’t one perfect time to do this. What I do, is when the plant has vegged to the size I want,then I put her in flower. You can do it any time.

How do you typically gauge that? I'm just a bit concerned about drastically affecting yield. I figure I can keep the height under control up to 5' max with LST... :S

Because I grow hydroponically and SCROG, it would be different for me than you. I usually veg plants until they fill up my canopy and have most tops about six inches high from the net. You can veg anytime, but the longer you veg, the greater the yield. People who grow using the sea of green technique, for example, grow many plants at one and don’t veg as long. The plant will stretch after you flip, so the size of your grow space is a consideration. I have limited height in my present grow tent, so I scrog. You. An see my grows in the links below. I let the present grow veg for about 7 weeks before flip. Hope I answered your question.

if you have more space, veg it out more. Or, if in a hurry, flip now. Your choice.

Because I grow hydroponically and SCROG, it would be different for me than you. I usually veg plants until they fill up my canopy and have most tops about six inches high from the net. You can veg anytime, but the longer you veg, the greater the yield. People who grow using the sea of green technique, for example, grow many plants at one and don’t veg as long. The plant will stretch after you flip, so the size of your grow space is a consideration. I have limited height in my present grow tent, so I scrog. You. An see my grows in the links below. I let the present grow veg for about 7 weeks before flip. Hope I answered your question.
Awesome, thank you so much for the advice. It's really appreciated! I think she'll veg for another few weeks and then i'll flip. I'll definitely come check out your grows. Thanks again

You are putting it outside? How do you plan to keep it on 12 hour light schedule? Covering it?
I'm trying to keep it mobile - i have a blacked out shed with proper air flow that i'll move into. Huge maintenance but honestly i check on it way too much as it is so I don't mind bringing her in and out for one season.

I was thinking of some sort of cover or waiting until the days get shorter and simply letting Mother Nature do her thang.

Back
Top Bottom