When do I start nutes

Kushlyfe

I have sprouted seedlings , but think im running into an early problem. 1st grow & 1 of the seedlings has a tiny brown spot on 1of the cotyledon leaves, both leaves are a lil yellowish around the edges. Should I add nutes? Is it strong enough? I have 4 other plants & none of tihe others have a problem that I can see. Any help would be well appreciated:lot-o-toke:

Nothing to out of ordinary inless you got it straight in growing medium with pre loaded nutrients which may be to hot for the young sprout ?

But the real burning question is, what do you have your seedling growing in at present to cause this slight adnormal colouring of cotyledon leafs ?

I sprouted them in a paper towel & now they are in rockwool. The rockwool came with the kit. I dont think it has preloaded nutes. They are under a 400watt lamp on a 18/6 light schedule

If they all are getting the same treatment then my guess its not a nute problem since the others are doing ok.
How close is that lamp? I don't give my seedlings that much light. What type of grow is this going to be, soil or hydro?
I start my seedling in dirt and never feed them. When they are a few inches tall they go to net cups and a bubbler with
half strength nuts to start vegging.

400w lamp is a bit close at 8 inchs for a seedling & would be incline to adjust 12 to 18 inches to be on the safe side !

Might even suggest a foliar feed for em at half strength dosage.

I'm afraid i'm not totally familiar with rockwoll/hydro grows as i'm dirt & organic man myself.

Humidity ah...

Can be abit of fceker that can & may induce powdery mildew & bud rot if high !

Grow room humidity may be effected by native weather conditions also depending on where you live in the world & normall a 20% difference from out side to inside humidity on average.

It may spike when lights are off in growing area tho, buts thats natural...

Seedlings/clones like lots of humdity & warmth and quite happy with RH around 80% to 90%

In veg humidity from 50% to 70% is more than fine.

Flowering humidity from 30% to 50% is good, some will say lower humidity in flowering cycle aids resin production ! might be strain related tho.

All in all, my personal experience with humidty i keep my growing area between 40% to 60% RH lights on with out side effects of mold etc

The most single most important thing is air circulation, i can not stress this enough !

A 6 inch or 8 inch fan blowing air around canopy of plants to reduce humidity build up with in plant canopy reduces powdery mildew attack, don't grow em so close together to restrict air circulation !

Prunning can help !

A suitable extraction fan/inline to provide plenty of air exchange in growing enviroment running 24/7 will help keep RH down.

failing all of that a dehumidifier may assist.

A note on prunning - the classic english rose garden is often subject to powdery mildew attack due to close proximity of plants restricting air flow.

I prune my girls like a rose bush to create an open canopy to allow for greater air flow their for reducing mold attacks, a certain essence of training & prunning is required but only a minor operation in the grand scale of growing MJ.

Like the Duck said move that light up some. The rockwool is fine, lots of people start em that way. I've never used it.
I start in a small flower pot. When I'm ready to put them in the DWC bucket I take them out of the pot and gently wash
all the dirt off the roots, then set them in net cups with expanded clay.
Forced ventilation or a dehumidifier to lower humidity.
It's hard to diagnose your problem without pics. It could be any number of reasons.
I would just continue to treat it the same as your healthier looking ones and see what it does.

Back
Top Bottom