When do I switch to 12/12?

jambo stoner

i have been growing 2 plants on a 18/6 cycle, they are 7 weeks old and were grown from seed. 1 of the plants has fuzzy white pistill for about 1 week now, the other 1 im sure is male (booooo). when is the best time to switch the light cycle to 12/12.

also the nutes im using are bio grow, bio bloom and top max. can these be mixed, ie, can i put the specific measurements of each in the same spray bottle at the same time.

last question. my grow tent is 0.8m x 0.8m x 1.8m and my light is a 250w hps. would this setup be adequate for 4 plants.

any info would be much appreiciated

thanks

the plant will tell you, the branches will not be parallel. they will start to stagger. you can put them into flwr sooner but the end result will suffer, smaller buds that could have been stronger. the offset of branching tells you shes ready. the root system should be also ready to rock at this point, no more transplants after the 12/12. last transplant should be done 10 days prior to 12/12, back in full aggresive veg growth. then put in the 12/12! up to this point i personally do not care about the plant looks as long as its healthy and every time i transplant the roots are a bright white with many many hairs!!!!

neuts- ones a food and the other is a food boost right? organic? i believe i used this also but dont want to assume!

250 watts is a low watt bulb. i use a 430 hps with an eyehortilux bulb thats changed every 10 to 12 months. the bulb you are using will grow cannabis but not a spectacular plant. sorry the lumans are just not there to grow a huge bud

your grow space is small in hight. you will need to train them. what strain are you growin?
peace

that 250 will do you good on 1 plant but like 68 said, not enough lumens

So essentially you're looking at 2.6 feet by 2.6 feet by almost 6 feet...

The width and depth are fine for a 250w HID but the 6 foot part might cause you some trouble.

I've got a 250w HID and it works great for 3x2x4...I'm actually only using about 3.5 feet of my vertical space. I'm growing indicas, they are short and I'm getting great results.

I planned to use a strain that fit my grow area. I wouldn't attempt a pure sativa as they most likely would not do well in that space. I'm limited to mostly indica dominant strains....that's cool...they smoke too :)

Check out my signature. If you're planning to use all 5 feet of vertical space, a 400w might be the best call or even 600w if you have great ventilation.

If I were more serious, I'd probably go with a 400w for my grow space. Temps would be very tough to control but I could probably pull it off..

I started with clones and vegged for 47 days...too long but I added a plant as an experiment on day 20. I'm now on day 26 or so of flower.

:Namaste:

i should hopefully be switchin the lites to 12/12 in the next week or so, and what im wonderin is, is it too late to top my plant

toppin should have been done long ago!
bend em, dont hurt em! bend em gently let them straighten themselfs. gentle bend. if its to stiff dont bend. ive learned much better ways to grow other than toppin. yea it works but there is always a trade off. bending is like natures wind storm, it makes the plant stronger all around!!!

Great set up for two plants, general rule of thumb is 100 watts per plant, you should make it through a grow of 4 plants just may not get the yeild they could have produced with more wattage. No topping, no cutting, like 68camaro suggested bend them. You can actually do this manually or tie the plant, manually...grab the highest top branch and slowly bend it over by hand, SLOWLY - and hold it there for a minute, if you hear a crunch you bent too far. Tie it, wrap some string around the top and pull it down and tie it to the side of the bucket, you can tie to the bucket handle - no handle punch a hole in the top side of the bucket and run your string through. AGAIN...SLOWLY AND LIGHTLY...IF YOU HEAR A SNAP, YOU OVER DID IT! Most likely you killed that branch. Best of luck, Ladee

WEEKLY FEEDING:

Week 1: 1 tsp Grow
Week 2: 1 tsp Grow
Week 3: 1 tsp Grow + 1 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 4: 1 tsp Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 5: 1 tsp Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 1 of 12/12 : 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 2: 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 3; 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 4: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max
Week 5: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 4 tsp Top-Max
Week 6: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max

i use bio bizz, can i put the following in 1 spray bottle at the same time:

1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max

i mean can they be mixed with each other

thanks

I have a question. I know how to switch to 12/12 but what i want to know is, have anybody kept the plant in a longer dark period, sat 14/10 14 off 10 on? Was talking to someone who brought that to my attention today and said u can get my tricones this way. Just wanted to know if that was true and if anyone has grown that way b4?

I personally never have but I have heard of people dropping the light cycle down during the last few weeks of flower to increase trichrome production.

It will also save you a few bucks on power.

I have a question. I know how to switch to 12/12 but what i want to know is, have anybody kept the plant in a longer dark period, sat 14/10 14 off 10 on? Was talking to someone who brought that to my attention today and said u can get my tricones this way. Just wanted to know if that was true and if anyone has grown that way b4?

Not sure if it made a difference but I switched to my 12/12 cycle by dropped the timer i believe 2hrs each light cycle. 18/6 to 16/8, 14/10 then voila 12/12 lol. Was growing my 1st Reg seeds so was playing it safe, didnt want either turning male. End result the buds are very crystally, but that could also be strain related so hard to say there.

Back
Top Bottom