When do I switch to flower?

Powerstroke

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this question. I have 3 strains in a flood and drain table under led lights at the moment. Holy grail kush, super lemon haze, and silver surfer haze. They are all growing great. I was wondering how much more they will grow once I switch to flower? I am asking because I just finished a strain called Jilly Bean, and when I switched it to flower I dont think any of the plants gained another inch. So I wound up with a bunch of dwarf plants that were all under 18". I was told to expect plants to double or even triple in size still after the switch, So I don't know what happened. I want to avoid that with this run. I only have 4.5 feet from tray to my leds so getting this right is important. Would it just be better to grow them until I have them all weaved onto my trellis netting then switch? Thanks for any help. I forgot to mention This will only be my second run.

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this question. I have 3 strains in a flood and drain table under led lights at the moment. Holy grail kush, super lemon haze, and silver surfer haze. They are all growing great. I was wondering how much more they will grow once I switch to flower? I am asking because I just finished a strain called Jilly Bean, and when I switched it to flower I dont think any of the plants gained another inch. So I wound up with a bunch of dwarf plants that were all under 18". I was told to expect plants to double or even triple in size still after the switch, So I don't know what happened. I want to avoid that with this run. I only have 4.5 feet from tray to my leds so getting this right is important. Would it just be better to grow them until I have them all weaved onto my trellis netting then switch? Thanks for any help. I forgot to mention This will only be my second run.
A lot of the stretch at flowering-start is dependant on the strain of plants.
Indicas dont stretch much when switched over. Sativas can double in size when switching over.
Some breeds have been selective bred to minimize stretch etc.
I believe Kush's and Haze's are Strong Indicas.

Best bet is to determine if the strains your growing or planning on growing are tall, medium or short in height. to be safe, veg grow the girls to 24" and flip to 12/12, then you should get a plant in the end about 30-36 inches in height.

I have not experienced stretch of more than 6 inches in the first two weeks of 12/12 light cycle and I have not had a plant grow more than another 8 to 10 inches ever after flipping the lights to 12/12.

Also on another note, there is no absolute time you need to flip to a 12/12 light cycle it a growers preference really. Some veg 14 days others will veg 3 months, it is absolutely up to the grower. Remember your in control of when the plant goes into flower by controlling the light schedule as Cannabis aka Marijuana is a photo period sensitive plant. Meaning it can be induced into flowering by shortening the period your lights on or 12/12 aka 12 hours lights on and 12 hours lights off with complete darkness. No light leaks.

Greenest of gardens :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom