When has the flower period started?

Hi all, I was going to post this question in someone’s thread (“but who?” she asked herself) and then I thought it’d be a good one for the general audience (and then new growers would be more likely to see it as well)

It’s a common thing for people to refer to ‘days since flip’, or ‘days in flower’, but my question is this: regardless of when you flip (which isn’t relevant for outdoor growers like me anyway), what do you all take as the offical beginning of flower? Is it the sign of the first pistil? Or when pistils start pushing out of the tops? Or neither of those and something else?

This inquiring mind wants to know!

:passitleft:

Great thanks people! In that case I have to little ones just starting to flower. They were planted on the solstice for a late season mini grow.

I should be able to go back in my notes and pics now too, and see how long my older girls have been in flower.
:thanks:

I flipped four different strains 12 days ago. Two have well defined tops, one the pistils are just starting to fill in, one the pistils are just starting to show. I will count my flowering as one week for the first two and subtract a week for the other two.

Im a newbie, what does "pushing out the tops" refer to or mean? Im on my 1st grow and made some mistakes so im believe im behind. My pistils are showing, ive kept it veg to make sure she was healthy. But im not sure when im supposed to make the flip. Ill show you a few pics and ill have to take some more closer up when i get home. Thanks

Attachments

• 20190108_141432.jpg
    20190108_141432.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2019-01-10-17-56-09.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-10-17-56-09.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom