When & How Do You Harvest Seeds?

I jumped in with both feet for this, without doing my research. I did a few searches after my harvest, and found this information:

Before three weeks after pollination few if any seeds will have matured.
Between three and five weeks after pollination some seeds will have matured, but most will be immature.
Between five and eight weeks following pollination, most seeds will have matured, a few will be immature, and a few will no longer be viable.
After eight weeks you lose viability. The longer you wait, the less viable seeds you will have.

To harvest your seeds manually, there are two methods:
Rub the flowers in your hand to get the seeds to fall out.
Put the branch in a plastic bag and repeatedly slam it against a hard object to release the seeds.

For both methods you must dry the branches first. I suspect you should let it dry more than if you were going to cure and smoke the remaining flower.

I dried my harvest as per usual, and jarred it for a week before rubbing the flowers in my hand to get the seeds to fall out. It took longer to do this than trimming the buds. These are my results from 92.4 gms of Candida bud:

full

Candida S1 Seed Harvest

Any suggestions at a better way would be most welcome.

It's a pain in the arse!!!!

My best luck, with almost 100% germ rate, is hanging the seeded buds, plant, branches, for a few months

They tend to cure as the time goes

By then the flower is very dry and it crumbles real easy to separate the seeds

Backing pan
Business card
And time

Lol

It's a pain in the arse!!!!

Backing pan
Business card
And time

Brings back haunting memories of days of old ;) trying to get all the seeds out of a zip and see what you have left :rofl: .........oh and don't use your Drivers License instead of a business card or something else laminated, I actually knew someone that stupid back in the day :rofl: though this is Oregon and 30 years ago they was even pretty lax unless you caught with over an ounce (or you a donkey-hat ;) ) so the Officer noticed he said but he just gave him one of those looks and shake their head in disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom