When is a plant ready?

When_To_Harvest2.jpg
how-to-tell-a-marijuana-plant-is-ready-to-harvest-c62052097c07fb01.jpg
when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

So not even close to being ready in my case then?

FL-2018-10-05.jpg

As far as I can tell, the hairs still look largely straight and white.

Okay. That does sound about right, considering she was transplanted from her pot to the yard almost a month later than we had hoped for.

At least there is no freezing showing in the forecast for the next few days, though Sunday comes close at 33.

National Weather Service

However, I have a feeling that the numbers shown would likely be a degree or 2 higher in town, unlike out at the airport outside town where our weather readings are taken.

Also, we have the enclosure set up now with a sheet of clear plastic over the top, and then a bigass tarp to completely cover it all, which should also provide a tad more warmth if we get a freeze.

Okay. That does sound about right, considering she was transplanted from her pot to the yard almost a month later than we had hoped for.

At least there is no freezing showing in the forecast for the next few days, though Sunday comes close at 33.

National Weather Service

However, I have a feeling that the numbers shown would likely be a degree or 2 higher in town, unlike out at the airport outside town where our weather readings are taken.

Also, we have the enclosure set up now with a sheet of clear plastic over the top, and then a bigass tarp to completely cover it all, which should also provide a tad more warmth if we get a freeze.
I would definitely tarp her. She looks good and I would hate for you to loose her

Good visual guide i found here. Im in the middle of harvesting 3 plants, though stagering the harvest between weekends. Im concerned i may have delayed too much. These pictures are from 9/30/2018, a week before harvest 10/7/2018.
White Widow outdoors organic from autoflower seed, planted on 5/10/2018.

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    639.2 KB · Views: 85
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 85
It looks to me that you harvested them OK. Did you use a magnifier to see the trichs?

I would definitely tarp her. She looks good and I would hate for you to loose her

We did have several subfreezing nights since this was last posted; and we did keep her tarped after the sun went down. She still seems to be progressing adequately as far as I can tell.

Here is a shot of samples clipped from three different areas of the plant. Does it look like some of her may be ready for harvest, while the stuff near the back needs another week? Don't want to risk wasting too much by waiting too long or harvesting too early.

Feyleaf-Samples-2018-10-24.jpg

I'm guessing that these samplings will now cure as normal as well. Or would this be a good time to "practice" prepping branches, buds, and even leaves (surely there are uses for them) for processing?

We did have several subfreezing nights since this was last posted; and we did keep her tarped after the sun went down. She still seems to be progressing adequately as far as I can tell.

Here is a shot of samples clipped from three different areas of the plant. Does it look like some of her may be ready for harvest, while the stuff near the back needs another week? Don't want to risk wasting too much by waiting too long or harvesting too early.

Feyleaf-Samples-2018-10-24.jpg

I'm guessing that these samplings will now cure as normal as well. Or would this be a good time to "practice" prepping branches, buds, and even leaves (surely there are uses for them) for processing?
Wow. For sub freezing temps, your plants look amazing. They did a great job surviving the freeze. If weather will allow, I would give them more time.
I trim the fan leaves off and compost them. You may find a recipe for them on 420mag. Personally, I like to wet trim my buds. I keep all the sugar leaves and small discarded buds. I dry the trim in a rubber tub and turn them a few time a day. They will dry a lot faster than your buds. I make salve out of my trim. They are more fluffy than buds, so I will decarb the trim. Then take 32oz of coconut oil and melt in a crock pot on low heat. Put as much trim as you can in the oil. Cook for 8 hours, strain the oil and throw the trim away. I then take more trim and repeat with the already infused oil. After I have infused all my trim, I will make my last batch with 1-2 oz of popcorn buds. This will make a really concentrated oil that works wonders on sore backs or other ailments.
If I start with 32 oz of oil, I will lose about25% of the oil over time. The oil that is lost is oil that I can’t squeeze or strain out of the trim.

Well, it looks like a lengthy stretch of fully overcast and rainy this coming week...

National Weather Service

At this point, would it be best to just keep the tarp over her 24/7 to keep her dry? Or does she still need daylight (despite no sun visible?) Or might it be time to harvest now?

So no harm in the buds getting wet this week?

After having a look and seeing how the rain build up on the tarp nearly destroyed it (the tarp, not the plant), we are likely going to keep the tarp off for the next few days unless it looks like another freeze is going to hit after all.

So no harm in the buds getting wet this week?

After having a look and seeing how the rain build up on the tarp nearly destroyed it (the tarp, not the plant), we are likely going to keep the tarp off for the next few days unless it looks like another freeze is going to hit after all.
It’s hard to say about pm or mold on the buds. I would keep a very close eye on them. Do you have any new pictures of the plant?

Back
Top Bottom