Light - four 4ft long 40watt ea.fluorescent lights
Nutrients - Two part: SVA super veg A, SVB super veg B
Medium - 1 1/2" par gro Rockwool cubes
RH - 75% to 95%
Room Temperature -70 to 84
Solution Temperature -
Room Size- 2ft. x 4ft.
Pests - None Known

Hi this is my second grow attemp and first time taking clones from mother plant. I already took the clones and it seems that all is well the cutting process went smooth and was easier than expected. My clones are now one week and two days old and they are now showing new vertical growth. My question is should I start giving them some nutrients? If yes then what strength should I mix the nutrients? I also have Thrive alive B-1 should I use that too?

If they're well rooted I would definitely transplant into the medium you plan to grow them in using a little Thrive to lessen any transplant shock. Are they going in soil, hydro?

Whatever you're using omce they're growing and over any shock start the nutes of at 1/4 strength or so then up it as the plants need it. If you plan on using the same lights for veg don't go too heavy on the nutes as with weak lighting the plants won't demand too much feeding to grow healthy.

Watch the plants. They will let you know when they're hungry.

Hey labRat thanks for your info. I am not sure if they are well rooted yet was going to let them stay under humidity dome for one more week maybe. Then I will be transplanting them into larger 6" rockwool cubes and will be a hydro system. I am hand watering until I can finish building large growrooms. I do plan on using same fluoresent lights through veg unless I can get my 600Watt switchable mh/hps to run at a cooler temp. I am currently building a box with glass bottom to encase the light and reflector if you have any ideas on that it would help as well.

Hey labRat thanks for your info. I am not sure if they are well rooted yet was going to let them stay under humidity dome for one more week maybe. Then I will be transplanting them into larger 6" rockwool cubes and will be a hydro system. I am hand watering until I can finish building large growrooms. I do plan on using same fluoresent lights through veg unless I can get my 600Watt switchable mh/hps to run at a cooler temp. I am currently building a box with glass bottom to encase the light and reflector if you have any ideas on that it would help as well.

If they have roots poking out of the rockwool they are getting roots. If your temps are high I would not leave them under the dome too much or you might get stem/root rot. I lost my last batch of clones that way. 85-90F and looking great for a week then falling on their asses. I usually try to keep them around 75F under a vented dome. Lost that #2 Kush that turned out to be the bomb. I don't use RW, I use sunshine mix, dip stems in Roots liquid and a coating of Roots powder #2. I'm starting from seed again and put 40 Kush beans to soak tonight.

Maybe add a little peroxide or damp-off with your next watering if the stems look soft and put in a dash of thrive. Have you done a tug test to see if they are rooting? A very, very, gentle tug on the stem to see if it holds. If you can pick up the cube with it you're good to go! I usually wait until I see roots coming out of the bottom of the little plastic 9-hole pots I start mine in. With your higher temps and high humidity I would advise not using the hood. Just keep the cubes moist. My RH around here even in summer is about 30-65%. Winter it goes down to 0% when it's -40.

Regarding the fluorescent lights. When I started using DWC in 2001 I took three four foot shop lights apart and mounted the bulbs closer together on a piece of plywood. The ballasts were mounted on the back and the whole thing on pulleys for height adjustment. There is room for two more for eight in total. I used 3 cool and 3 warm whites and/or the Daylight tubes and they vegged like crazy. A buddy gave me a 400W HPS and I built a little flower room and got killer bud from that. If you veg with the flouros, by the time you're ready to flower it should be a little cooler and you can kick in the 600 or not?

If you are going to build Large grow rooms you're going to need more light for sure. I like growing in separate tubs so I can move each one into the space it needs for what it's doing. I usually grow some KaliMistX with a 14 week flowering time along with Kush at 8-9 weeks. The Kali is more spindly while vegging so I like to cut it back a couple of times to get a strong stem and branches where as the Kush are trees from the word go. Being able to flower the Kush while the Kali need another couple of weeks in veg is a big plus to me. Time for a nute change when switching to 12/12 so I take the tub lid off with the plants, roots hanging down a couple of feet and three steps later drop the lid on to a prepared larger tub bubbling away with fresh water and nutes. Some black plastic around the cooler veg area and remembering the light timing lets me keep the flowering girls in the dark when they're supposed to be. 20 hours for veg, 12 for flower. I use a 400W MH for veg and 1 or 2 400W HPS for flower. I switch to one of my 1000W MH with a SunMaster bulb for the last few weeks of flower for the big tight nugs. I live on an acreage that's wired for industrial use so no probs with juice as long as I pay my bill. I have the hydro bills from the previous owner and it would go up and down from 800-7000 KWH from month to month. Mine in the last six years have gone from 1200-4000. Must be those pottery kilns that are using all the juice. lol

I could babble on for hours but after the fifth beer and many hoots I probably will get stupid so I'll C'ya l8tr.

Lots of luck and big sticky buds to you.

Again great advice LabRat. I just put up a pic album of my closet grow and it has pics of my two clones that are under dome right now but after reading your reply I think I will take dome lid off tomorrow. They are about a week and three days old in the pic I will take better pics of them tomorrow and post them so you can see better and tell me how they are looking.

i would not use nutes for about a week after trans clones however i am always soil. like the rat said they will tell you if they want it

i can get 600 dig switch 120/240 mh/hps shipped for $160 if interested let me know they are cool bluetech and very impressive.

KushieKush thanks for the info and ya I might be interested in those lights how many can you get? Is there a price break the more you buy? Let me know beacuse a buddy is getting a room ready and is looking for some quility equip.

could give u his ebay name and acct. we talk through ebay and just do private transactions to avoid fees said he has 1000s of them imagine u could save some shipping on bulk if nothing else!! i will post pics of mine tonight hopefully for you! warehouse in canada and usa

Hey Kushiekush Ya please do give me his name and acct. I would like to get ahold of him and check out what he has. I would love to see a pic of yours if you have one. Thanks again and happy growing.

DSC005032.JPG

DSC005041.JPG

DSC005052.JPG
DSC00502.JPG
check it out last one is my 3 ladies w air reflector and ac in background!! check my journal for more pics

Back
Top Bottom