When should I harvest my plants?

Best way to judge when to harvest is to use the tricombs for sure. They have to turn cloudy, before the fruit is ripe, the darker or more amber the tricombs get the more of a couch lock high it will be. A nice. Medium is when about 30-50% of tricombs are amber, in my opinion. Pick up a 30x magnifying glass and you'll be able to see the tricombs clearly to judge for yourself.

ive got a plant is 3-4 ft tall its starting to get white pistils nd at the verry top of them their going golden brown how long do i have till it starts to bud its natural no chemicals at all init how long people ?????? please get back to me

wats preflowers ? its got the parts were it should bud most of it is still green nd has only 2/3 white pistils on it atm i see no bud its defo not a male 100%

ok, pre-flowers may or may not show when a vegging plant is mature. On a female they are just little white hairs that sprout at the nodes, this indicates they are female (which you seem to be fairly certian of). All the pre flowers mean is that the plant is mature and wants to go into flower. We need to know what light cycle your on to determine if you are in flower or not yet, are you indoors or out doors?? If you are indoors and have not changed to a 12/12 light cycle your still in veg. If you are out doors, the plant still needs 12 hours of darkness every night for it to flower properly. Please tell us all of your info. Also on an internet forum you are better off asking questions in a post that you start on your own. You can go back to the forum page and look for "the grow room" it is a heading, under that you will find "frequently asked questions", this is where you should start a thread, it will be much easier for people to help you because right now you are hi-jacking a 3 year old thread, your not gonna get much help that way. I am fairly new at this but will help you where i can. if you do start a new thread, let me know in here and I will have a look for it.

ok, pre-flowers may or may not show when a vegging plant is mature. On a female they are just little white hairs that sprout at the nodes, this indicates they are female (which you seem to be fairly certian of). All the pre flowers mean is that the plant is mature and wants to go into flower. We need to know what light cycle your on to determine if you are in flower or not yet, are you indoors or out doors?? If you are indoors and have not changed to a 12/12 light cycle your still in veg. If you are out doors, the plant still needs 12 hours of darkness every night for it to flower properly. Please tell us all of your info. Also on an internet forum you are better off asking questions in a post that you start on your own. You can go back to the forum page and look for "the grow room" it is a heading, under that you will find "frequently asked questions", this is where you should start a thread, it will be much easier for people to help you because right now you are hi-jacking a 3 year old thread, your not gonna get much help that way. I am fairly new at this but will help you where i can. if you do start a new thread, let me know in here and I will have a look for it.

its outside mte just left it gave it water nd in big pot

20140905_012112.jpg
about 4 week into flower.

I have a question regarding to this issue...

One of my buds has some amber trichomes and I think within the next day or two it would need to be harvested. However, the flower does not look 100% developed...I am kind of at a loss as to what to do. Should I leave it on for like a week? I just don't want to go passed the right time.

thanks...

here's a photo from the other day of the bud..

DSCF0348.JPG

I normally do two plants at a time, yielding me anywhere from a little over a half pound, to a pound in a tiny space. The strain I grow for pain relief is harvested at 50/50 cloudy ember. The strain for recreation and stress release is harvested at 80/10/10 cloudy/amber/clear.

This is normally my preference, but I match the genetics symptom relief, with the point I harvest.

I agree and some of the replies were useful but need more information.
I have heard that bud matures at different times even on the same plant. It would seem that you should pick only the flowers that are ripe, as we do with grapes and apples. I have researched how to determine ripeness (what percentage of amber trichomes do you consider ripe) and would like to know a method of harvesting individual buds or groups of buds that are ripe with minimal harm to the remaining plant. Does anyone have experience with this method? I know it is not practical for large harvests, but mine is small.

Have I gone too far...
I picked up a cheap microscope for 60$, its 300x, 400x and 900x is this too intense?
It's tough to tell colour of tricombs, I have a few questions.

*where is the best place to take a sample from? pistils or tiny leafs on the buds?
*How many samples are needed for an accurate decision?
*Do you take samples from top mid and lower region of plant?

I read a post about tricomb colour and different highs
I am going for the head high motivational high so according the the post you should harvest once all are milky.
Now which part of the tricomb changes colour the entire hair or just the ball at the end. Please help and thank you.

Well shmee.I guess you went too far haha...But really folks......What time of the day do you fall your plants? I have been told that just before dawn is good..why ? I have no idea.....Others have said "hey. whenever its easiest".I always thought that cutting them down in the heat of the day would be good cause all the juices would be flowing or something like that ....sounds good ...so ,what do you think? Thanks Red

Little help errrr folks? Im always so dam torn on when exactky is the best time to harvest. I have two lemon kush, 2 afghani. The loupe isnt real helpful in terms of seeing volor of trichomes. Hard to tell
20151008_191812.jpg
20151008_191522.jpg
20151008_191930.jpg
20151008_191730.jpg
20151008_191555.jpg
20151008_191920.jpg

Now Ed ,Are you just taunting us here?..haha Lookin good man...Invest in a good lense and you can fuss all you want haha.I do the same thing...patiently waiting for the perfect time...Does it really make a difference...Who knows.Fun messing around though.Good lookin crop regardless !!! Happy Hemping ,Red

The 30X and 100X lighted magnifier are tools everyone serious about harvest timing should have. They make it easy to monitor the resin development process. After seeing 400X images of resin glands, I decided to also buy the 100X magnifier. It supplies a superior view, providing an enhanced perspective of resin gland condition and development.

I recommend buying the 30X model first and if you would like to expand your analytical capabilities, buy the 100X model. They both allow for a much closer inspection of the clarity, color and condition of the resin glands, which should be swollen and unbroken while remaining transparent and slightly amber, if at all, at the peak of ripeness. Some prefer harvesting earlier, as THC degrades to more sedative cannabinoids as the glands ripen.

Harvest timing is a matter of personal preference. When the glandular trichomes are clear with very little, if any coloration, THC levels are at their peak with CBD and CBN both at levels that will not overly influence the THC with their sedative effects. Some prefer more overwhelming narcotic type effects, allowing the resin glands to cloud and begin to amber or darken to increase overall cannabinoid content. The resin glands appear and therefore will mature at different times. A compromise is made when determining the desired overall maturity level to harvest. It depends on the growers preference in effect and palate.
Hey all you fine people!
where i have been appreciating all the AWESOME advice here...i still have to ask...'cause i cant find a post or thread...
i flowered one of my mothers...lo and behold, there are large top colas everywhere...cool...and as i know WHEN to harvest the bigguns...can i or should i just harvest the large colas and give for time to the smaller buds?
it seems that the smaller buds are not as mature as bigger ones...or am i nuts and should just hack the branches and dry/cure as usual?
hopin NIBEC answers as he is my gro-guru
thanks yall
What do you think ?
Hey all you fine people!
where i have been appreciating all the AWESOME advice here...i still have to ask...'cause i cant find a post or thread...
i flowered one of my mothers...lo and behold, there are large top colas everywhere...cool...and as i know WHEN to harvest the bigguns...can i or should i just harvest the large colas and give for time to the smaller buds?
it seems that the smaller buds are not as mature as bigger ones...or am i nuts and should just hack the branches and dry/cure as usual?
hopin NIBEC answers as he is my gro-guru
thanks yall

2024-04-01 18.55.20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom