When should I harvest?

cannabifreak

Invest in a $10 loupe...I used a crappy magnifying glass for too long and the loupe really showed me the trichomes...so I now harvest when they just start to go amber.

Yours is easy though...still lots of white pistils and you want those to mostly start to brown, then you can start checking the trichomes....

Basic test...if you think you plant can go longer, it should.

:goodluck:

New member here, quick question about checking trichomes. Does it matter where you take a sample from on a plant to check trichomes? Do the main colas show a different state then say lower popcorn buds?

New member here, quick question about checking trichomes. Does it matter where you take a sample from on a plant to check trichomes? Do the main colas show a different state then say lower popcorn buds?
Yes. The buds at the top will show maturity and be ready faster than lower buds. Thats why Im going for a 2 stage harvest on my scrog. Take all the tops, let those lowers get some much needed light to bulk up and ripen, job done :D

Yes. The buds at the top will show maturity and be ready faster than lower buds. Thats why Im going for a 2 stage harvest on my scrog. Take all the tops, let those lowers get some much needed light to bulk up and ripen, job done :D

I have read of people doing exactly what you are saying. So the plant basically ripens from the top down. I am in hydro and have been flushing for two full weeks now plants are showing no signs of slowing down. No yellowing or any signs of deficiencies, I'm thinking I jumped the gun a little. PPM's are at 40 as of this morning, my well water is 30.

I have read of people doing exactly what you are saying. So the plant basically ripens from the top down. I am in hydro and have been flushing for two full weeks now plants are showing no signs of slowing down. No yellowing or any signs of deficiencies, I'm thinking I jumped the gun a little. PPM's are at 40 as of this morning, my well water is 30.
Really? Madness. Just straight water for 2 weeks and no signs of cannabilising?
Yer maybe you did jump the gun a bit but either way she should still be finishing herself off by now.
Personally I dont roll with ppms etc. I try keep things as simple as possible. My water Isnt too bad and the nutes I use are made for hard water anyway so all blessed

Back
Top Bottom