When should I move from vegetation to flowering?

cannabifreak

Hi guys
I would like to know when should I move from vegetation to flowering?

is there any sign on the plants?

regards
cannabifreak

Personal preference really or in most cases it is due to growing space limitations, as some strains will double or more in height during Flower. No "set in stone" time frame that you "have to switch to Flower" really at all, can be weeks or months. I think most Photo plants have to be about 6 weeks old before they can Flower, so switching prior to that doesn't really do anything, but I"m not sure on that number of weeks and just what I have read before.

Assuming you don't have any time constraints you would switch when you are happy that your plants have good roots, a good base, and will grow the way that you want them to. How many plants, indoors/outdoors, autos/photos? Pics are the best way to give you a more specific answer.

I've only really played with photo period strains...

Basically governed on head room or height & expected stretch plus safe hanging distance from bulb etc you have to play around with & this would be my main concern on when growing by seed or clones to size i let them grow in veg before flowering knowing or at least assuming growth characteristics... dome may test the best of off use tho !

Some training styles can reduce over all stretch if ya cared to play around & experiment but as much as that sounds like a pro the con side is longer veg timing.

Assuming you don't have any time constraints ...

Hi Calvados.
Thanks for the response.
Because im new to this grow cannabis activity thing, im only growing two plants.

The girls have 35 cm in height but i think they can grow taller..
Chocolate Skunk CBD Feminizada da 00 Seeds em THGrow.com

They can go up to 60 cm (indoors).

What i dont know is if they are going to keep growing in height in the flowering stage?!
If thats the case should i start the flowering stage when they turn like 50 cm in height?

But from what I realized this is all a matter of the cultivator's decision.
So i dont think that there is a magic formula for when to start flowering stage.

Anyway i just wanted to check your opinions..!!

Here are some pics!!
Those pics are two weeks old.. but i think you can get the idea.

regards
cannabifreak

They look healthy. I would switch to flowering now. You will have around 7 weeks to go. They are mostly indica so they will probably stretch to around 60-80cm.

Yes the girls are very healthy !!
If i switch now to flowering stage, should i change nutrients immediately? Or just the time of the light exposure?

regards
cannabifreak

Plants can dbl or triple in height when you switch to flower or 12/12
So keep that in mind my friend

Hi Chris Scorpio!
Really?? :eek:
I did not know that!!!

What about nutrients? Should i change immediately the NPK ( less nitrogyn ) when flowering? Or should it be in a progressive way?

Thanks
regards cannabifreak

Some say if you stick with Veg nutes for the 1st week or two of 12/12 it can slow down the Stretch, if Height is an issue

I usually do 1 feed of Veg nutes once I flip to 12/12 then start the Flower nutes

250 W HPS
Negular/normal soil (40%) with perlite(30%) and vermiculite (30%)
Nutrients bought in regular plant store ( NPK 6-4-5 -> something like that)
Next nutrients will be 1-6-7 i think!! ( is the same brand but for flowering )

Hi guys.
2 Quick Questions.
My plants are about 40 cm long and I have never done topping.
Is it still worth doing it?
Can I do Topping on my plants in flowering stage?

regards
cananbifreak

I wouldn't bother at this point, and no not when it is flowering. What you really want is to maximise the amount of buds in you lights footprint. You can carefully and slowly pull your branches down and out to the side. Anchor them with some twine or wire. This will expose the branches underneath and encourage them to grow straight up. It also slows down the plants upward growth significantly. I use LEDs. I don't know the footprint for your light. You need to look it up. Google LST or search this site. Plenty of examples.

Hi Chris Scorpio!
Really?? :eek:
I did not know that!!!

What about nutrients? Should i change immediately the NPK ( less nitrogyn ) when flowering? Or should it be in a progressive way?

Thanks
regards cannabifreak
I keep it simple. Ionic grow and Ionic bloom,plus Superbud enhancer. Great job every time.

Back
Top Bottom