When should I stop bending and training my plants

bonez4man

Hi there. Hope your all well. I'm a little curious as to when I'm supposed to stop bending my plants, iv topped them multiple times new shoots now growing. I've been pruning gradually trying to lollypop as I go. I feel like I have enough bud branche cannope on each plant now and want then to get a bit taller now. Should I quit bending them now or carry on trying to send the neuts up. Seems to always make the stems thicker when doing this. Cheers

Attachments

• 20190621_231517.jpg
    20190621_231517.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 74
I generally stop after 2 weeks of 12/12 or when the stretch has finished . So if you are happy with the branching now and feel you have vegged them long enough I say flip to 12/12 as you will have branching to deal with until the end of the stretch.

after the stretch the stems will harden up a bit and assume a final form, if you let up the LST before that the plant will try to straighten out as they can. i have just had a similar experience where i took the LST before starting to flower.
Hi again thanks for the advice. I think I'll carry on then for a bit then. Me and my bro are in the process of making a high pressure aero system so untill that's done I have some time. How big should I let these go for a high yeilding crop. How do u think they look so far? I can veg for longer.

Hi again thanks for the advice. I think I'll carry on then for a bit then. Me and my bro are in the process of making a high pressure aero system so untill that's done I have some time. How big should I let these go for a high yeilding crop. How do u think they look so far? I can veg for longer.
all depends on what your definition of high yielding is , long story short plan for 1.5-2 x plant size/height iwhen it stretches ...longer the veg bigger the plant( bigger the pot needed ) bigger the plant bigger yields with the main limiter being light penetration through the canopy . They look good to me .

Good luck on your hp aero project . Feel free to look though my completed journal and dyi in my signature ...I did not do a grow log on the last version of the system I built.

all depends on what your definition of high yielding is , long story short plan for 1.5-2 x plant size/height iwhen it stretches ...longer the veg bigger the plant( bigger the pot needed ) bigger the plant bigger yields with the main limiter being light penetration through the canopy . They look good to me .

Good luck on your hp aero project . Feel free to look though my completed journal and dyi in my signature ...I did not do a grow log on the last version of the system I built.
well i dont think ive ever got more than a couple of ounces a plant, i did sort of train the plants i did but like i say not a great yield at all, it was nice crystaly green tho, just not enough. im looking for at least 3 a plant on this one, they have been vegged longer and can still do so, and unless people talk complete crap i hear this is easily achievable, this is my first coco grow, seems to be growing alot faster and much more healthy. i know i should never count my eggs before they hatch, but if not getting the same results as others im doing something wrong. i wanna fix these errors quick, i wanna be pro when it goes legal here in the uk. and sell my systems.

Thanks for the good luck wish for the build. ill keep a log of all things i do and what we have brought, we have fed coper pipes threw the base of the root chambers which will be connected to a little system thats connected to the water the cooled led lights, environment controllers, being able to change individual temperates in different areas using water being passed around components everything controlled threw an app we will. code, well i wont lol my bro is the whizz on the computer side. might need some help along the way with a few bit

Back
Top Bottom