When should I switch to flower stage

Christinac26

So I bought my plant as a clone on Halloween. I’m wondering when I should switch to flowering. My other issue is I bought seeds 2 weeks ago an have 4 little plants going so how would I switch my bigger plant to flowering if I have the smaller plants ? Can I hang a curtain up to separate the light I have a 8 by 8 tent.
15F2CE1F-F101-4DB4-BDCA-30A07F56B511.jpeg

43726E2D-357F-4899-B32A-CA24748796D3.jpeg

Figure the clone should double in size when you flip to 12/12 use that to gauge when to flip. If you make 2 sides to your tent each side will have to be light proof. You couldn’t have any light leaking form one side to the other.

In an 8x8 I would add a partition wall and run it as 2 4x8 spaces. But that means you will need double of almost everything. You also want to make the most of your space by either letting them all get bigger or topping your biggest one after getting your nutrients lined out. Then doing a lot of LST techniques to get an even canopy. Good rule of thumb is flipping when you’ve covered 1/2 of the space intended to grow in.

Well I’m a noob to this so i had googled it an google said don’t veg longer then 3 months so I figured I’d ask u guys
You can veg for years if you want!

There are many ways and techniques for training and such but the easiest is LST (low stress training).
All you have to do is tie the top of the plant down to one side and watch the side branches shoot up!
Like this plant that i tied down and 24 hours later she's already stretching her side branches!

20201203_222204.jpg

20201201_235551.jpg

20201201_235323.jpg

Hi C!:ciao: Looks like you're getting a good start. I'd def split your tent for real. It will take 2 of everything probably but you'll have a perpetual garden in there. Top and LST
your girls, get as much advice and friends here as you can. You'll be smoking your own fine nugs in no time. :passitleft: stay stoneder!

The clone can be flowered any time from now because it’s just a cutting of an older mature plant.

The seedlings need to reach maturity before they’re capable of growing flowers. That usually means about five weeks age, give or take a week maybe. I don’t count days/months in veg though. Just flower them based on their size and your available space. They can veg forever.

It would be a bit of work to divide the tent in two. Not super difficult- but as said it will need to be completely leak proof and you’ll need to rework it all to make it into two spaces- double the venting, lighting, doorways etc.

If it was me I’d keep it as one tent. But that’s just me. Then I’d start a second smaller space for veg- doesn’t need to be big. You can flower them all at once in a month or so. But I’d veg them longer if you still have an 8x8 space to fill at that time. Though of course you don’t need to fill the whole space it’s just tempting.

Thanks guys very helpful tips! I’ll let it veg until my other 4 plants are ready to veg!
Until then, don’t be afraid to read through some of the FAQ sections as they have tons of good info. It’s always good to learn from someone else’s mistakes on their dime instead of yours :laughtwo:

Bigger is not always better. Every inch higher makes a plant that much more difficult to manage

As penny mentioned. Veg the plant till it is .half. The size you want it to be at harvest. It will pretty much double in size once put to flower

Karma sent friend

@Christinac26 You've been given a lot of good advice. You can check out the grow journals in most of our signatures and you can read through our grows. You can also start your own journal and post questions along your grow and we'll all help you out. Looking good so far though :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom