When should I switch to flowering

Hodgey420

1st grow !
Growing outdoor in Chilliwaxk BC Canada
Both plants hybrid scout master and sour diesel
Growing in 5 gallon pots with sunshine #4 aggerated plus professional growing mix
Been growing since may 15th is when transplanted them into sunshine #4 and sdid 1st feeding with GH flora series nutes micro/gro/bloom
Scoutmaster is 2'9ft tall
Sour diesel is 2'6ft tall
Weather keeps changing get 2 or 3 days of 75-80 then cloudy and rainy days its 50-60 and theres been alot more cloudy rainy days then sun this summer
So should i leave them let them flower on there own or should i start flowering earlier since there in 5 gallon pots worried bout rootbound or will they be fine in 5 gallon pots and let them flower on there own when the days start getring shorter

There’s definitely some of your fellow Canadian outdoor growers around here. Hopefully one of them will stop by with some advise.

Also welcome to 420, I notice your fairly new, like myself, around these parts.

There’s definitely some of your fellow Canadian outdoor growers around here. Hopefully one of them will stop by with some advise.

Also welcome to 420, I notice your fairly new, like myself, around these parts.
Thank you! And ya this my first grow ever its been good but im gonna buy a grow tent next think be easier ill still do some outdoor to though but definitely getting fabric pots and bigger then 5 gallon next

Plants looking alot better finally got the earwigs under control put vasaline on the wheels on my pot risers havent had any since and got my cal deficiency under control new leafs looking great!

Attachments

• 20200703_155511.jpg
    20200703_155511.jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 20200703_155453.jpg
    20200703_155453.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200703_155544.jpg
    20200703_155544.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 83
Plants looking alot better finally got the earwigs under control put vasaline on the wheels on my pot risers havent had any since and got my cal deficiency under control new leafs looking great!
How old are those beauties?

How old are those beauties?
When i bought them as seedlings from my local pot store said may 1st on them i bought them on may 10th and put them in 5 gal pots on may 15th and started feeding them so there 9 weeks from what my pot shop said when they planted the seeds and 7 weeks from when first fed them this my first grow not sure if the age starts when first planted the seeds or from when first feed them nutes

I don’t have any experience with hard plastic pots, only fabric pots and I used 7 and 25 gallon. If it was me I would up pot if I was able. You have a fair amount of vegging time left then stretch. I would think the plants would be very root bound in 5 gallon plastic by the end of the season.
If you are able to let them flower naturally and could bring indoors or cover when weather was bad to protect buds later on that would be ideal.
Beautiful plants by the way!

I don’t have any experience with hard plastic pots, only fabric pots and I used 7 and 25 gallon. If it was me I would up pot if I was able. You have a fair amount of vegging time left then stretch. I would think the plants would be very root bound in 5 gallon plastic by the end of the season.
If you are able to let them flower naturally and could bring indoors or cover when weather was bad to protect buds later on that would be ideal.
Beautiful plants by the way!
Hey thank you ya ill just leave them for now if i have to ill get bigger pots and transplant them but ive heard people getting away with using 5 gallon just have to water alot more i have 4 other plants to in 5 gallon pots there not as big as these 2 yet

Hey my buddy switched my nutes feed to transition to flower is that to early ? Can I switch it back to veg or it to late ? Did last 5 days with transition to flower

@Kanda
@Weaselcracker
I like to taper bloom nutes in at start of stretch and taper out veg nutes as it progresses for the first few weeks. Its definitely not to late to add a little more on the next to be safe

I’m in Ontario.

I like to taper bloom nutes in at start of stretch and taper out veg nutes as it progresses for the first few weeks. Its definitely not to late to add a little more on the next to be safe

I’m in Ontario.
I did the transition for a week to transition the v3g nutes out so hopefully a week was long enough

Back
Top Bottom