When should I top my plant?

qcclosetgrow

I'm curious as to when I should top my plant. Well not as worried about when but where? I've read inbetween node 3-5 and I labeled the plant with what I think the nodes are
Please let me know if I am incorrect and any knowledge and help would be great, I'm just looking for a nice bushy plant and would prefer this over other techniques from what Ive read. My plant is 2 weeks and 1 day old btw and in the diagram I labeled the new growth which is coming out in between the first set of 5 fingered leaves.

labeled nodes - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

2 weeks and 1 day - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Do it like this... and your done!
topping-marijuana-011.jpg

Okay thank you very much and any idea as to when I would need to transfer her to a bigger pot? As you can see the leave are almost hanging out of the cup

Okay thank you very much and any idea as to when I would need to transfer her to a bigger pot? As you can see the leave are almost hanging out of the cup

Do it this weekend and make sure the medium you put her in is not super wet, just a little moist. The reason is the roots will search for moisture and nutrients, thus better root growth if you wait 24 hours after transplanting to give her a watering.

Okay thank you and last question do you think I should feed her for the first time whenever I water her 24 hours after transplanting her?

Okay thank you and last question do you think I should feed her for the first time whenever I water her 24 hours after transplanting her?

Yes you can fertilize but start with 1/4 strength to avoid hurting her, and as she gets bigger you can up the dose. Watch your PH when you mix the food + water, if you're doing soil 6.5-6.8 is ideal. I am running 5.8 on hydro. Get your PH test kit at a home store that sells stuff for aquariums, or just a hydro store if you are so fortunate to have one around.

Back
Top Bottom