When to crop with pictures

rankamateur

Hi there people.

Wondered if u folks out there could look at my plant pics and tell me if you think its ready to crop. I have been flowering for nearly eight weeks now and some of the stigmas look a little frazzled(brown). I think these pictures should provide a bit of zoom to look at the detail, I had my camera set in macro and incandesant to set off the hps.
This is my second grow and I think on my first I may have let it grow too long, dont want to mess this one up.
Right click on pics and open in a new tab to zoom in em guys.
Cheers people

WP_0000581.jpg
WP_0000573.jpg
WP_0000563.jpg
WP_0000521.jpg
WP_000050.jpg
WP_0000592.jpg

Those ladies look to be sativa dominant and along with the current state of bud development you are still a few weeks away from harvesting. You want all of the pistils to be brown/red/orange before you harvest. Another way to tell if they are ready is to check the trichomes - What are Trichomes? Trichome 101.

they look like they still got a bit of growing to do you should get a pocket microscope thats around 60-100x
have a look at the trichomes they go from clear to milky white to amber
when about 30% of them are amber its considered peak ripeness

the white hairs can be a good indicator too if you cant get a pocket microscope
they turn amber and start to whiter

pistils12.jpg

dont mind the 6-7 week thing it varies from strain to strain

they look like they still got a bit of growing to do you should get a pocket microscope thats around 60-100x
have a look at the trichomes they go from clear to milky white to amber
when about 30% of them are amber its considered peak ripeness

the white hairs can be a good indicator too if you cant get a pocket microscope
they turn amber and start to whiter

pistils12.jpg

dont mind the 6-7 week thing it varies from strain to strain

To greenergrass
Hi mate cheers for your post. Can I ask you what sort of store do I get one of those microscope things from and how much should I spend to get a decent one, Kinda of on budget and eqipment costs are killing me at the mo.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom