When to flip scrog to 12/12? Pictures - Scroggers help

DaTrueWhiteMa

Guys,when do you flip scrog to 12/12,when screen is full just of leaves,or screen full of shoots? Cus I put scrog on just recently,I was little LST before,but since I put and bend them over recently lover shoots are still kind a small,so should I veg more to maximum fill with new shoots then flip? I think to veg 10 days more for lower shoots to get bigger,and then flip,what you guys think?
My screen is 6x4,now in pictures you see 4x4 covered.There are still some spaces seen in places and its not very crowded at all..You see pics..Pls help.
IMG_20140531_031805.jpg
IMG_20140531_031913.jpg

What strain are you running? If you got them from a breeder and you know the lineage you should be able to determine roughly how much they will stretch. Some stretchy plants can be flipped with the screen 1/2 full, some need the time to fill out the screen.

Judging by the looks of your photos I would say flip em.

Flip them, otherwise you'll be spending your days tucking them under. Usually people do it when they see a screen 2/3 full. Even pure indicas will stretch double during early flowering and more sativa-dominant strains will easily triple, so you're gonna see a lot of vertical growth now anyway. And definitely you need to prune them as with that kind of canopy you're gonna have an air circulation problem very soon and shading with it.

Happy growing!

My suggestion seeing as you just did some light LST and installed a scrog would be to switch to a more flowering based nutrient, light defoliation, and wait 5-7 days for recovery, then flip.

Good luck with which ever root you choose.

I would also recommend starting a journal so you have a reference to look back on in your next grow. Do not forget to add a link in your signature if you make a journal.

Guys,its my first grow,there are 6 big buds and 2 other strains in there 4x4 veged for 2 months now lol!And they barely cover 4x4..They had alot of stress..Im doing better and better lately.Since I have been doing so much veging I dont want to mess up yeald because of two extra weeks which in my case is nothing,I want maximum yeald,Ive been throu too much to end up with minimum,let it be I dont get how with new grow doing everything good,but I want to get max from my grow,I doubt they will stretch much during flower...So what you guys think to do with much stressed plants? Imo about 10,max 15 days more of veg and flip?

If you have unlimited space you can veg them even for 4 more weeks, but they will stretch during flowering, believe me! That's just genetical trait of all cannabis plants. They do it to get a better chance to attract pollen. But with SCROG you redirect vertical growth horizontally, which puts you in control. You're gonna have to steer budsites in a way that creates optimal light exposure, so they do not shade each other, and your screen is full as far as I can see. But if you think you can keep tucking them under to stimulate secondary growth do it until you get max number of budsites.

Happy growing!

Guys,its my first grow,there are 6 big buds and 2 other strains in there 4x4 veged for 2 months now lol!And they barely cover 4x4..They had alot of stress..Im doing better and better lately.Since I have been doing so much veging I dont want to mess up yeald because of two extra weeks which in my case is nothing,I want maximum yeald,Ive been throu too much to end up with minimum,let it be I dont get how with new grow doing everything good,but I want to get max from my grow,I doubt they will stretch much during flower...So what you guys think to do with much stressed plants? Imo about 10,max 15 days more of veg and flip?

Judging by how full your screen is, you could flip anytime, but if it were me I would veg for another week or 2, and fill up that back part of the screen a little more. Either choice you make, to flip now or wait will be ok, because they will stretch upwards. You definitely look like your doing an amazing job for your 1st grow!

Judging by how full your screen is, you could flip anytime, but if it were me I would veg for another week or 2, and fill up that back part of the screen a little more. Either choice you make, to flip now or wait will be ok, because they will stretch upwards. You definitely look like your doing an amazing job for your 1st grow!

Thanks! :) Yes I will do until 10 or 15th day of this month,aka from 5 to 10 more days.I lowered screen and more lower shoots gets some light so its filling up better,I dont know who said keep 1-1.5 feet away from ground is ok,8-10 inches max...

Its pretty full in there now and you are going to want to watch how dense that canopy gets. How tall are the plants? can you take a picture with the light off?

I will take pics in like 5 or 10 days when I flip flower :)

Guys,how long after flip must keep tucking branchess? Or just leave grow,also im not sure should I do dark 24hours before flip or flip imediatly,Ive read 24dark is good but branchess may strecth much,any thoughts on this? :cheer:

I usually train for the first 10 - 14 days then let them finish stretch so they can get some colas going on. but each grow is different and unique so you must apply your touch to it.

So I lovered my web,and now many new shoots appeared,screen is more full,well more like I should flip after this night time,but my question is...will those little buds will depevelop? Now im in another question,should I wait them to grow bigger,in order to get them more prepared for flowring? As I imagine answer is ofcourse,but my screen is pretty full now,so what to do? :O

Doubt they will stretch much - dream on - why have you got the worlds only plants that dont stretch?

Back
Top Bottom