When to flower ScrOg

Pulefanden

I have a small ScrOg running under 400W hps sylvania grolux. Have been training them, and done some serious topping.

Im not sure when to flower, due to the stretching and the screen. 2 x superskunk with 16 colas 4" from screen, colas are +/- 4" tall from main stem, plant is 8" tall from soil. Very small, but very very compact.

When do I switch for flowering.

Im guessing Veg, til end of month, but not really sure.

Thanks for advice.

plante_9.jpg

scrog_closeup.jpg

Space is small, 2*4ft. So I have to keep them small. Should I let them break screen, before I switch to flower ?

I can't have them turning into monsters. I'm vegging with 400W.

The topping has been done, and more powerfull nutes have been Applied.

Im not sure if I'll LST em, really dont wanna hurt them more. But i may have to do so, on a few colas to get a nice and even screen.

While topping they did not grow very fast, due to the stress I put on them. But now im seeing explosive Growth. Ill let em run a week more in veg, and then deside if more veg is needed..

Wow. 2 more months. Would they not grow into monsters. Space is confined, screen is not very large.. They are closing in on the screen very fast. 1cm more and upper leaves will hit screen.

offcause I want the screen to be full, but I can't have them taller than 1 meter. max. usualy i see scrog with screen much higher than i have. but I do not have room for that high a screen. The heat from the bulb is enormous in this small room. I have a 100mm 43W highpressure turbo extractor fan running, and a 22cm 5w lowpressure intake fan, 160m3/h.

This is as good as it gets in this room, and the reason why it has to be compact, 1 meter up in room, i have 30degrees celcius, ( 85F ) with multible small fans inside, to push the "heat floor" up.

SAM_5360.JPG

SAM_5344.JPG

SAM_5352.JPG

I found a thread where it's adviced that 70% of screen should be full, before switching to flower. indeed very helpfull.

Let me explain some things about SCROG. You will veg between 2-3 times longer. We want to fill the screen as much as possible before the flip, depending on the stretch of our strain. By the time she finishes her stretch the she should fill the whole screen. "Hopefully" Now when you think your plant is ready for that then flip her. Now type in everything you can about SCROG and have fun. :thumb:
I grow in hydro dwc and I still got a few more weeks. This is 7 weeks under 600w MH.
20150225_170933.jpg

:) nice. I do expect the top to break screen in arround 4 days. But as stated, the height has to be controlled harsh, or i'll fry the tops.. Last time I did superskunk, the stretch was rather "big" compared to sharks breath and AK74, but that was not in scrog, only LST with tiedowns.. Its hard to tell how high ur screen is, compared to mine, and how compact the topping is.. But mine is very close to soil. 1ft or so, and super compact in regards to colas. Mine has Veg 30days. first 15 days with 125w CFL. and had accident and destroyed the bulb, so i had to switch to HPS, But Grolux (1/4) blue light still, until new CFL arrives with mail. But i expect it to be to late. Goods from china takes looooong time. But i'll let it veg some more, and post an update.

Ps. off topic question, How to you manage DWC temperatur , I tryed and failed. Apparently i must have active cooling on resovoir. tryed outside cooling with buffer container, and circulation pump an several meter of 7mm hose., but still got up to 23C in resovoir. " summertime" it would have been no prob this winter to maintain temp with the system i build, but I want a constant always, especially in summer.

My idea was a Arduino " microcontroller" controlled temperatur circulation, build in to a fridge, but its just so much beyond easy. So I switched to soil Again, until I have a perfected constant cooling system. how do you managed to keep temp at constant.?

the 2 girls are very potent, and the have already been given some phosfor and Kalium " potassium" " small amount, and are showing they really mean bussines.
micro4.jpg

to control the height of your scrog, when a branch comes up thru, just pull it over to the next whole, you can continually do this until the screen is full then everything will be at the same height. also those look like 1x1 squares on a metal rack. Is this correct?? if so, your gonna have a helleva time getting it off your plant in the end, unless your just gonna cut the buds off

so fair so good, im aware of that. Highest colas, will be place at outer rim, and those not so tall, in the middle. :) Yes its an ond laundry basket, repurposed, full metal. I know : when it's grown in, I will not be able to remove screen, and have to harvest above screen bud by bud.. This is how it has to go with current setup, must Work with what I got. larger and taller room is on table, but for now it will have to do.

Get a case of water bottles and keep as many frozen as you can... then using your temp gauge keep as many to maintain frozen bottles in your res to keep your temp as close to 68f as possible. I use a separate res as my control so it's very easy to work with.
20150116_105442.jpg

Think outside the box

Ha, thats a lot of work.

Think ill go with automation, it may cost 50W to run, but Im not home all day to manage manual temperatur control correctly.

I'll go with fridge, with an automated temperatur controlled circulation pump. only then can I have the constant I want.

I actually have the controller build, This one just controls the fans via a light sensor. 12V at daytime and 5V at nighttime, and AC to extractor fan is switched fom highspeed, to lowspeed. " noise control" at night, and still maintaining carbon filtration of exhaust air. And i dont have to touch anything, its fully Automatic.

So it should not be any problem installing a temp sensor onboard for resovoir, connect a 12V dc pump, and rewrite the source code. Only i cant build a fridge ;-) so active cooled resovoir is a project for another time.

SAM_5363.JPG

Back
Top Bottom