420 Magazine Background

When to flush & do I need to?

jimbobdaz

are you running dwc jimbob ?
just curious. my personal belief is clearing plants is only relevant in hydro media.

edit: do agree the cure is the more important part.
That is a good point, all my experience is growing in soil. My current grow is clay pebbles / coco flood and drain... I may change my mind soon :hmmmm:

bluter

That is a good point, all my experience is growing in soil. My current grow is clay pebbles / coco flood and drain... I may change my mind soon :hmmmm:
my experience is straight out of the 80's lol.

that's when i first encountered the idea of clearing or flushing a plant.
it was strictly a hydro practice then. i still view it that way.

all it involved was replacing the reservoir with straight water. there was none of the excessive watering i read about now.

TorturedSoul

Member of the Month: May 2009, Oct 2010, Sept 2017
Yeah that's how i have flushed in the past... i think I'll not flush this time as a control grow and see how it goes ;)
That could be educational, especially if you've got two clones from the same mother, grown under identical conditions, fed the same amounts/ratios, et cetera. And they haven't been overfed to the point of showing signs of having a bit too much nitrogen like the plant in post #24, of course.

jimbobdaz

That could be educational, especially if you've got two clones from the same mother, grown under identical conditions, fed the same amounts/ratios, et cetera. And they haven't been overfed to the point of showing signs of having a bit too much nitrogen like the plant in post #24, of course.
It would be but unfortunately my girls are from seed

Top Bottom