When to flush & do I need to?

jimmijuice

I have about three weeks to go before the chop. When do you usually flush and do i just use straight water? Or should i even bother ?

Attachments

• 581023759.jpg
    581023759.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 140
I have about three weeks to go before the chop. When do you usually flush and do i just use straight water? Or should i even bother ?
It's definitely a good idea to flush with hydro. You can start reducing the nutes in the last 2-3 weeks of flower and then straight water for the last week. Or, you can use a flushing agent like Clearex and go full strength on the nutes up until a couple days before harvest. :Namaste:

I personally don't flush, I run em up to harvest. Last few weeks they really pack it on so I keep em good and fed

Lots of sides to the flush or not battle....lol...I dont

So three weeks has gone to four and they are still going !!! Probably three weeks left !

Attachments

• 581983995.jpg
    581983995.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 581563896.jpg
    581563896.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 132
Might just be the lighting, but they look like they could go a while longer to me. I sometimes have trouble with pictures, though. How many days have they been under a flowering light schedule? And were they mature when you switched to it?

Look like they've been getting too much nitrogen, too.

switched to 12/12 8 weeks ago. have been giving them advanced nutes recipe off the bottle since they started and am about to go straight water for another one or two weeks. we'll see i guess as this was my first go at DWC..

What strain is it?

switched to 12/12 8 weeks ago. have been giving them advanced nutes recipe off the bottle since they started and am about to go straight water for another one or two weeks. we'll see i guess as this was my first go at DWC..
Get a ppm meter mate. It tells you how strong to make the feed. Number goes up add more water. Number goes down add more nutes. Number stays still or just drops a little bit then its sweet and youll get the best plant you can. From the nutrient side of things anyway :)

I have a ppm meter, and have been mixing at around 6-7 hun ppm the seeds were Jack Herer bought from crop king...living and learning, thanks for the input... think my next buy will be another mars led to put with the one i have.

depends on personal preference for the stone. i kinda look for about 10% amber the rest cloudy, with the odd clear here and there.

oh yeah, make sure to look at the trichs on the bud not the sugar leaves. they amber out on the sugar leaves a bit quicker, it can be deceptive sometime.

i just switched to straight water ,no nutes so a week or so will be 9-10 weeks flowering and some are cloudy now so i'll be hopefully around that amber area i hope. i have some sour jack seeds i am going to start next so this is just living and learning.. i'll let you know how the first bowl goes....

Personally i don't flush but there is a lot of debate on this subject... i think the cure is more important, nice grow though buddy :thumb:

are you running dwc jimbob ?
just curious. my personal belief is clearing plants is only relevant in hydro media.

edit: do agree the cure is the more important part.

Back
Top Bottom