When to flush & harvest

Caho1one

420 Member
Hey growers ! Soo I’m getting g close to harvest my girls . The trichs are all cloudy , with a few ambers here and there , most likely from touching them . The buds are foxtailing a little bit , which have a lot of new white hairs on them. Soo all the new white hairs are throwing me off a little bit . I’m not sure when to start my flush . Any advice greatly appreciated

4488FF3D-A1BD-4EB8-B34A-C21105053BD9.jpeg

DB74C2C5-72DB-4E90-B4EF-EA1E0AC3C8B0.jpeg

111110EB-2D97-41DB-BB49-8438CA911454.jpeg

2DB49A1B-BB6D-4DE4-8487-FC3E57CD24ED.jpeg

You won’t find many people here who still try to flush (in soil grows) It’s old outdated bro-science.
You can’t flush nutrients from weed.
Trust it will take what it needs and leave the rest.
Most of the best growers here don’t do it unless they have hydroponic/aeroponic/DWC where you will get some benefit.
What are you growing in?

if by flushing you mean starving your plants for a week or two at the end, some people believe in it, some do not. What convinced me not to starve my plants at the end any more was when I started looking into organic gardening, where all the nutrients are in the soil, feeding the plants automatically. These plants do not get starved at the end, and organically grown pot is unquestionably the best that can be grown. This leads me to believe that with most any nutrient program, feeding is necessary right up to maybe the last watering.

Flushing in the past didn't even mean what some people think it means today, giving only water at the end for a week or two... in the past it meant cleaning the soil of left over salts and nutrients, by flushing it, or running 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil. This clears the soil and allows for full uptake into the roots from then on, without salt locking out part of the nutrient load. If you are running synthetic nutes that leave this salt behind, then it is highly recommended to do a proper 3x flush, as you are going into the last 2 weeks of the grow, the time the buds are finishing out and almost doubling in size and weight. A proper 3x flush right here is arguably one of the best things you can do for your grow, if you have been running synthetic nutes.

theres a time and place for flushing containers to fix some soil problems but I try to avoid flushing my soil

You can wash some residual chemical nutes from the soil but you can’t wash nutes out of your plant or improve the taste by flushing, it doesn’t work like that. The plant takes up - what tbe plant takes up and a foot bath doesn’t change that

your chicks look fantastic, they are getting closer - but still not ready yet

welcome to the site Caho1one

You won’t find many people here who still try to flush (in soil grows) It’s old outdated bro-science.
You can’t flush nutrients from weed.
Trust it will take what it needs and leave the rest.
Most of the best growers here don’t do it unless they have hydroponic/aeroponic/DWC where you will get some benefit.
What are you growing in?
Ironically I’ve been thinking the same thing , how can you flush nutes from a plant that already used them up . Growing in soil , coco mix .

if by flushing you mean starving your plants for a week or two at the end, some people believe in it, some do not. What convinced me not to starve my plants at the end any more was when I started looking into organic gardening, where all the nutrients are in the soil, feeding the plants automatically. These plants do not get starved at the end, and organically grown pot is unquestionably the best that can be grown. This leads me to believe that with most any nutrient program, feeding is necessary right up to maybe the last watering.

Flushing in the past didn't even mean what some people think it means today, giving only water at the end for a week or two... in the past it meant cleaning the soil of left over salts and nutrients, by flushing it, or running 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil. This clears the soil and allows for full uptake into the roots from then on, without salt locking out part of the nutrient load. If you are running synthetic nutes that leave this salt behind, then it is highly recommended to do a proper 3x flush, as you are going into the last 2 weeks of the grow, the time the buds are finishing out and almost doubling in size and weight. A proper 3x flush right here is arguably one of the best things you can do for your grow, if you have been running synthetic nutes.
Thanks for your reply , typically I do a really good flush halfway through flower , that was done about 3 weeks ago because I could see the salt buildup on top of the soil , it made a big difference. I usually grow dwc , trying soil this time . I will definitely be going back to dwc. I always wondered if flushing before harvest was necessary , I don’t agree with starving my plants either , especially when they put on most of their weight during that time .

Wanted to add, I try to avoid the flush but save it as a last ditch effort, the difference is I’ve grown in super soils and now living organic soil.

But as Emilya said there is case for growers using synthetic nutes to flush with 3 times container volume (15 gallons of water for 5 gallons of soil) but after the flush go right back to feeding so the plant doesn’t starve. Fox farms recommends flushing at intervals for users of their products

I’ve used fox farms in the past , now using GH flora series . I feel like I had much better results with the flora series . It really surprises me how much better they grow after flushing salts from the soil . It’s weird , they looked like they were starting to finish , now growing like crazy again . Thanks for all the replies you guys And ladies are awesome . I love growing ❤️

Back
Top Bottom