When to flush? Need advice. Thank you

Aka0

Hello all,

I'm new to all this and this is the first time I'm growing. I have four nice Jack plants in semi-ideal conditions (still learning and dealing with pests, humidity etc.). Not sure if I should start flushing them since trichomes started turning cloudy and I'd like to catch that moment when THC levels are at their highest, meaning around 100% milky trichomes.

Is it time yet or should I wait a week longer before I flush?

Thank you. :thanks:

plant99.jpg
bud347.jpg
bud267.jpg
bud189.jpg

Re: When to flush? Need advice. Thank you.

There shouldn't be. These four were suppozed to be fem. I thought they could be seedy but nah, how come... Will check, thx for the advice...

Not all of them look like that, I just put that one photo since I wasn't sure. Buds are from other 3 plants.

it could have hermied on you and pollinated its self

I'm shocked, not sure if positively or not. I have no idea how to proceed now, how long does it take for seeds to mature completely do you know?

Thx for a fast reply. You saved the plant from being cut down.

if you look at your last picture you can see a pod clearly , looks like its starting to split, take on off open it and you will see or should see a little green seed , have you had light leaks or any thing like that , put pictures up of other plants also

I opened one pod, a little white seed is inside. Will upload some other photos in a couple of moments.

Read it, thank you. Don't see that on my plants but there are tiny seeds inside. Is it too late to cut them down? And if I leave it like that will it turn into real seeds or just stay like it is now?

We'd need to see the plants in order to properly advise you on what to do.

As for harvesting, you need a 30x minimum scope to be able to properly see the trichomes. That's the only way to tell.

I have a 40x scope and trichomes are slowly turning cloudy, I'd say they are around 50:50 clear:turning cloudy.

The plans are from March and they are a little over 3 months in flowering. I had some problems with my conditions, my guess is that's what slowed them down a bit.

These were Jack Feminized seeds, mostly Sativa, flowering time 10-13 weeks. Have to check one more time but yes, I think that's the strain.

Thank you. It's mostly Sativa, I'm sure of it. Jack Fem is the name (of Jack Herer variety)... One plant has trichomes turning amber. Looks like they wont be done at the same time which I was hoping would happen.

Three full months in flowering in two weeks. I'm thinking about flushing them today/tomorrow and see how they look when the time comes. Do you think it's too early to flush now?

I still can't find it. I need way more info.

When checking trichomes, do NOT look at the trichomes on the sugar leaves. You want to look at the trichomes on the bud itself. They can mature at different rates in some strains.

I can't tell you when to flush until I know the exact strain, and I need a better idea of the % of trichomes on the buds.

I still can't find it. I need way more info.

When checking trichomes, do NOT look at the trichomes on the sugar leaves. You want to look at the trichomes on the bud itself. They can mature at different rates in some strains.

I can't tell you when to flush until I know the exact strain, and I need a better idea of the % of trichomes on the buds.

Found the info, the strain is Sannie's Jack. Would trichomes photos help? Thx for your help, I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom