When to harvest

Torco

I have harvested two of the northern light big buds already, almost all of the hairs have turned a amber color and most of the leaves have turned yellow on them.

The other 2 plants are still growing, buding, most of the hairs have turned a amber color. but none of the leaves have started to turn yellow, the plants are still very green,

I have always waited untill October when most of the leaves have turned yellow.
Im wondering do i pic it now or wait untill the leavs start turning yellow.
On the package that the seeds came in it says to harvest in Sept.

Here is a pic of the plant in question.

MVC-007S9.JPG

I dont have to worry about that, I just looked closely at them again today and the buds are still growing, getting bigger. over 70% of the hairs have already turned amber. and the weather is still nice here, so im going to let them grow more for now.

well for now, i guess when you harvest is at your descretion, you know the ratio is over 60% amber in color, thus meaning there ready to harvest, but u wanna know my honest opinion, if the cola's are still fatening out, then leve them, at this way i would pay very close attention to them, obviously you dont want them over ripe, so i would pick them at about 85% amber color, still allows for growth, obviously more weight. but the choice is yours, iam just sayin if this was my grow thats what i would do.

Edit: hahaha, i just read that whole post of yours torco ^^ and i agree with ya, let em grow!!

You'll get to a point where the buds are still growing new hairs, but the existing THC is degrading.
I like the up high of 50% or even less color change, but I wouldn't let them go more than 75%.

fruit shrivels, you know i never seen a plant over ripen, usually people are eager, or freak about that shit bad and harvest early.

yeah you can use a magnifying glass when the temp drops your buds start producing resin at its peak you can also leave them in the dark a cpl of days before harvest to let the trichomes reach there peak potency

Examine the trichomes with a powerful jewlers loop or magnifying glass. Harvest just before the trichomes turn brown. At this point they are at their optimal potency. I would inspect them daily to pinpoint just the right time.

yeah i agree, paper bag's sound really cool for drying and curing i read that if you put your bud's in black plastic bag's in a dark cool place for a cpl of day's your bud's finish trichome production and will be ready to smoke

Back
Top Bottom