When to trim fan leafs

BDBinLV

Hello All, Quick question please. I have 3 females that are about 2 weeks from finishing and I had to donkey dick them for various reasons. The colas are about as long as a coke can and as round as a bananna they are rock solid. There are some long fan leafs towards the bottom and I bent the colas over to allow light to hit all over. Should I trim the fan leafs or are they serving a purpose?

Since Donkey dick is a strain and I've grown it, I prefer to use the term lollypopping lol. There used to be a pic of one of my donkeydick plants around here somewhere. The wife was holding it and the buds were so big they covered her head and torso almost completely and she (she's not reading this is she?) ain't a small woman. (rf ducks the slap)
I too disagree on removing too many fan leave. It's like removing the town generator but still expecting the town to have power. It doesn't work that way.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's that picture.
donkeydick.jpg

If I remember right it was estimated at about 16 ounces Rocky. We didn't and still don't weigh anything. I grow for personal medical use only and the only criteria for me is that I have enough to smoke from harvest to harvest. Weight doesn't matter at all to me. This was one of my best plants and was bigger than the pic showed. There's a 3rd huge cola on the back side that you can't see. The tip of it is barely visible above the front cola. IMO I started flushing a little too soon as the leaves yellowed majorly. I think I might have affected yield as well and think I could have gotten probably 10% more if I had waited a hair longer.

16 ounces! Wow thats amazing. I have never saw that much bud on one plant ever lol. I get a kick out of seeing pics like that, incredible.

Since Donkey dick is a strain and I've grown it, I prefer to use the term lollypopping lol. There used to be a pic of one of my donkeydick plants around here somewhere. The wife was holding it and the buds were so big they covered her head and torso almost completely and she (she's not reading this is she?) ain't a small woman. (rf ducks the slap)
I too disagree on removing too many fan leave. It's like removing the town generator but still expecting the town to have power. It doesn't work that way.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's that picture.
donkeydick.jpg

RF, what were those babies grown under?

bloody hell. thats awsome plants. have someone that has the donkey dick on it's way. can't wait to see it and convince him to give me a cutting of it :D well done with that one.

back to the subject at hand. um i've always been told to remove fan leaves from plants. so what your saying is to leave them on there. makes sence the whole power solar thing...will have to see what happens leaving them on there. so should any fan leaves be removed? do i take off the biggest leaves, like the real big ones and leave most on there? i've been taking the shade leaves off 1 or 2 every few days but it tends to leave the plants quite bare.

Back
Top Bottom