Where are all my MA growers at?

OMG! Thank you so much Philsthetent! :thanks:

I do so appreciate a everyone's offers and kindness shown to a complete stranger! I've been here just a couple weeks, and it's becoming my happy place really fast! Ppl are just so giving and helpful! I just never expected such a huge population of subscribers, as this Emag has, that almost every forum I've been reading, has awesome ppl. Just makes me happy to be included in such a receiving, interesting group of like-minded folks! Yay!

I'd be more than happy to forward a clone or two or what ever it takes for the next noobs! Or back to the donor! I love to experiment, so I want to try some back crosses at some point, maybe make a new Strain, or subspecies! So much fun!

I so agree with you, if the dispensaries would give out a clone or a seed, I'd be happy to pay for them! But they are in the business to make money, they don't want patients to start growing their own meds. Ha! Money is always the deciding factor!

I'm the same way, I give away lots, some to pay forward, some just because I know the person in need may not have the cash, so hey, I love doing good deeds, and its fun, and feels good! :)

Your handle makes me giggle, I just got the pun! I think I better head off to my grotto, I'm slappy (sleepy-happy) from my last vape! I like the Critical Mass (A 2:1 CBD:THC Indica from the Lowell dispensary). There may be others to try with that same profile, but for now, I like it!

I'm so excited to get my tent, lights, stuff!

Thanks everyone for taking me in, I'm happy here!
Squeee!

"Adventure calls"! :circle-of-love:
Dory

I do so appreciate a everyone's offers and kindness shown to a complete stranger! I've been here just a couple weeks, and it's becoming my happy place really fast! Ppl are just so giving and helpful! I just never expected such a huge population of subscribers, as this Emag has, that almost every forum I've been reading, has awesome ppl. Just makes me happy to be included in such a receiving, interesting group of like-minded folks! Yay!

I'd be more than happy to forward a clone or two or what ever it takes for the next noobs! Or back to the donor! I love to experiment, so I want to try some back crosses at some point, maybe make a new Strain, or subspecies! So much fun!

I so agree with you, if the dispensaries would give out a clone or a seed, I'd be happy to pay for them! But they are in the business to make money, they don't want patients to start growing their own meds. Ha! Money is always the deciding factor!

I'm the same way, I give away lots, some to pay forward, some just because I know the person in need may not have the cash, so hey, I love doing good deeds, and its fun, and feels good! :)

Your handle makes me giggle, I just got the pun! I think I better head off to my grotto, I'm slappy (sleepy-happy) from my last vape! I like the Critical Mass (A 2:1 CBD:THC Indica from the Lowell dispensary). There may be others to try with that same profile, but for now, I like it!

Squeee!

Dory
I have a few baby plants I can gift you to get started. No idea strain or sex. I may be able to give you a few seeds to try to germ too. Im in Miidlesex county. Im growing my own medication before growing for my ill child. He has seizures and autism. His drs have been pushing this plant for a while now. But I cant afford the dispensaries. His dose is 1g of oil per day. It can get expensive. It will still be a while before I have enough of a supply of oil to even start treating him. It will take me 1 pound of marijuana to make him one ounce of oil. Which will just about being one month supply. So I am hoping by the end of the outdoors season I will have a steady supply for him. Definitely let me know if you would like to have a plant or 2. :)
420-magazine-mobile1683368499.jpg

Dory - bless your soul
I'm sure I speak for all of us , we have your back !
I will make sure to procure you a clone or two - for free - and if after harvest is dried , give a sample of the clone so you can see if it's worth your time .
I think the dispensaries should sell or give clones of what you are smoking if you like it .
If they are really in it to help then that's what they should do.

All it takes is some time so have patience, patience and more patience , do more research on grows , and by all means make your own medicine!
The initial investment seems high, but once
You get Going your only buying medium, bulbs and nutes on a monthly basis .... and the electric bill so I try and keep it low , and I don't sell for profit , just won't be spending money on products anymore so my grows will be small, but last me and the wife until next harvest .
That's the plan.
Any how - welcome to the group , and please check my journal , keep your grow easy , and enjoy your future in pharmimg!

Also just wondering if anyone has used anything similar to dry buds ? I bartend and when this wine came in , I instantly thought I could dry buds in these wooden crates with handles in each end for air flow - opinions? Concerns? Experiences ?
It's been about 12 years since my last harvest and I do t wanna fuck it up!
If I this works well I will market them as "Bud Coughins"...,.... "lay your harvest to rest with bud coughins "....
420-magazine-mobile1320234013.jpg

Squeee!

Dory

We're all growing weed! Most shitheads I know don't have the patience or care to accomplish such a thing. Lol

Also just wondering if anyone has used anything similar to dry buds ? I bartend and when this wine came in , I instantly thought I could dry buds in these wooden crates with handles in each end for air flow - opinions? Concerns? Experiences ?
It's been about 12 years since my last harvest and I do t wanna fuck it up!
If I this works well I will market them as "Bud Coughins"...,.... "lay your harvest to rest with bud coughins "....
420-magazine-mobile1320234013.jpg

Put a moisture/thermometer in there for a few days with no bud and monitor the how it goes. The bud might raise humidity a bit but as long as things are stable it shouldn't be an issue

"Dispensaries"
F*ck dispensaries.
At $15-20 a gram, lol, it's cheaper "on the street" but hey, it's under the guise of "medical marijuana" so they "let" you pay exorbitant "retail" prices. N O P E.
Thing is, who watches them, for "best practices"?
Nobody. Gee, let's just blindly trust them, then.
They're in business because they had $ix-seven figures in the bank, kissed all the "right" political asses and bought their way in. In my book, just because that shitty criteria was met, doesn't mean they're even qualified as professional growers, let alone as an entity whose bud I'd buy or advice I'd take. In fact, just the opposite. (Disclaimer: I've been at this a long, long time, and I don't like about 90% of the bud I come across. I could be labeled as jaded, but I prefer "discerning" lol)
The majority of the bud I've seen from east coast dispensaries, isn't even "as labeled." Last sample I saw was allegedly "Headband" but the dispensary had no idea other than the Leafly writeup, what it was they were selling for $50 per 1/8. Welp, it wasn't Headband, that's for sure, and "Well, we bought the seeds from ______" is a piss poor disclaimer, in my book. (Note: 707 Headband is Sour Diesel x Sour Diesel/OG Kush (BX) Its a clone-only, not a seed. And I'm very familiar with it.)
Dispensaries like to claim they have lots of clone-only P1 stock, because that's what buyers want. But they don't have the connections, so they, like many, buy seeds & hope for the best. I find this extremely disingenuous.
My point is, growing your own is always better. Always.

"Dispensaries"
F*ck dispensaries.
At $15-20 a gram, lol, it's cheaper "on the street" but hey, it's under the guise of "medical marijuana" so they "let" you pay exorbitant "retail" prices. N O P E.
Thing is, who watches them, for "best practices"?
Nobody. Gee, let's just blindly trust them, then.
They're in business because they had $ix-seven figures in the bank, kissed all the "right" political asses and bought their way in. In my book, just because that shitty criteria was met, doesn't mean they're even qualified as professional growers, let alone as an entity whose bud I'd buy or advice I'd take. In fact, just the opposite. (Disclaimer: I've been at this a long, long time, and I don't like about 90% of the bud I come across. I could be labeled as jaded, but I prefer "discerning" lol)
The majority of the bud I've seen from east coast dispensaries, isn't even "as labeled." Last sample I saw was allegedly "Headband" but the dispensary had no idea other than the Leafly writeup, what it was they were selling for $50 per 1/8. Welp, it wasn't Headband, that's for sure, and "Well, we bought the seeds from ______" is a piss poor disclaimer, in my book. (Note: 707 Headband is Sour Diesel x Sour Diesel/OG Kush (BX) Its a clone-only, not a seed. And I'm very familiar with it.)
Dispensaries like to claim they have lots of clone-only P1 stock, because that's what buyers want. But they don't have the connections, so they, like many, buy seeds & hope for the best. I find this extremely disingenuous.
My point is, growing your own is always better. Always.

I hear ya, I got some "ak47" meh, it looked pretty, well manicured, but was still damp pulling it from it's fancy packaging. Needed to be properly dried and cured still.... I put it in a jar, been burping it, it's getting better, but just holding me over until i get my first harvest... and at a "discount" of only 120 a 1/2, I really cannot wait for my home grown.

Yah I feel like most of the shit we've been getting in the streets has been rejected from dispensaries all over - so if they don't want it why should we - some of the shit I get is making me laugh .
Tastes like shit and the high is ok .
But when I get home from grabbing a bag I'm like wtf I can't wait for my shit to be ready !
I grew sensi star in the early 2000's for quite some time .... we had 5 1000w HPS in the flower room with a 30 plant perpetual ,for a total of 90 plants always .
Our shit was primo I wish we had iphones then!!
Had a kid and had to bow out for the last 12 years lol....I have shown a few people along the way and some are successful and some are just morons ,
and now here we are , not gonna be doing the 90 plants but I'll take my 6+6 alloted!

Yah I feel like most of the shit we've been getting in the streets has been rejected from dispensaries all over - so if they don't want it why should we - some of the shit I get is making me laugh .
But when I get home from grabbing a bag I'm like wtf I can't wait for my shit to be ready !
I grew sensi star in the early 2000's for quite some time .... we had 5 1000w HPS in the flower room with a 30 plant perpetual ,for a total of 90 plants always .
Had a kid and had to bow out for the last 12 years lol....I have shown a few people along the way and some are successful and some are just morons ,
and now here we are , not gonna be doing the 90 plants but I'll take my 6+6 alloted!

90 plants....fuc, that's just mind boggling unless it's a fulltime/several hour a day gig! Then again I've seen outdoors grows in Jamaica that are the size of two football fields (with some other crops mixed in) tended by one person. Growing 6 plants fills my need for a fulltime hobby.

90 plants....fuc, that's just mind boggling unless it's a fulltime/several hour a day gig! Then again I've seen outdoors grows in Jamaica that are the size of two football fields (with some other crops mixed in) tended by one person. Growing 6 plants fills my need for a fulltime hobby.

Yah I bartended like 3 nights a week at a busy place . The rest the weeks were all sensi star all day .
Was sea of green, all soil all fox farm . Easy peasy lemon squeezy:
We were in it for the fantastic bud - and the money's ... back then we were fetching 4200 a lb al day every day and that was a steal. And we had about 3 lbs available at all times it seemed
I would only pay the 1000 I paid to perpetually grow my own now forever lol

Yah I bartended like 3 nights a week at a busy place . The rest the weeks were all sensi star all day .
Was sea of green, all soil all fox farm . Easy peasy lemon squeezy:
We were in it for the fantastic bud - and the money's ... back then we were fetching 4200 a lb al day every day and that was a steal. And we had about 3 lbs available at all times it seemed
I would only pay the 1000 I paid to perpetually grow my own now forever lol

You must of been growing some great smoke to get $4200 a pound...then again I've paid as much as $600 an oz for some assume herb when the market was dry. Cool that you set aside the larger grows to raise your family, that must of been some hard money to walk away from to do so. Congrats!

You must of been growing some great smoke to get $4200 a pound...then again I've paid as much as $600 an oz for some assume herb when the market was dry. Cool that you set aside the larger grows to raise your family, that must of been some hard money to walk away from to do so. Congrats!

Yah all I could think of was losing my kid for a plant - Er 90 plants lol
But yah hopefully when he's 21 I'll teach him how to do it for his own if he likes it

ROFL-CGU

Love the boxes! I think they'd make excellent coughins! Hmm, I'll have to snoop around the NH liquor stores for wooden boxes... But I bet they get scarfed up quickly!

Great idea, :idea: made me smile!

I'm starting to collect canning quart jars, to store dried bud... Do I need a desiccant for each jar?

Some thought to other storage... I'm thinking a food vacuum sealer, then freeze the packages. What say you?

"Adventure calls"!
Dory

I hear ya, I got some "ak47" meh, it looked pretty, well manicured, but was still damp pulling it from it's fancy packaging. Needed to be properly dried and cured still.... I put it in a jar, been burping it, it's getting better, but just holding me over until i get my first harvest... and at a "discount" of only 120 a 1/2, I really cannot wait for my home grown.

Skunkworkz! I so agree with you! I'm not excited about the prospect of buying more from any dispensary, but at the moment it's necessary so I can get the high CBD:THC 2:1 ratio. Until I can buy high CBD seed, I'm stuck using them. So wish I didn't have to. Buying from them digs into my growing tent account. All I can do for the moment is stretch out what I have.

I'm going to make some cannabutter, and CCO, once I get get enuf. I can use most anything for those. But vaping, I'm stuck.

:::sigh:::
Dory

Yikes!

What a site that must have been! I wish I could grow all 5 acres (needs some clearing again) out back with Cannabis... I just might try one plant or two, outside just for grins. It's a little late for getting plants out, but it might be worth the grins. Let Mother Nature do her thing.

I'd be happy to learn from you, Philsthetent... just say the word!

Anyone who wants to chime in on the learning, sharing... I will be the sponge! All is so new to me, I'm happy to be surrounded by experts!

"Adventure calls"
Dory

Hey!

I just got notified that Mars-Hydro shipped my lights! Squeee!

Now to get the tent ordered, and the carbon filter made.

Still have to decide how big a fan I need. Is it true that a tent needs a full air turnover once every couple minutes? The walls would suck in, and out thru the filter! Yikes! The tent, 4(w) x 8(l) x 6.5(h) = 208 cubic feet. How big a fan do I really need? I'm not too concerned about the fragrence, overheating from the lights does give me some apprehension.

At the moment the tent is going in the basement near a site where I have access to water and drainage, an unfinished bathroom. The bath only has the floor drains, water lines... no sink, toilet, shower.... or walls!

Exhaust from the tent, I hope to vent straight outdoors, with as little ductwork bends as possible, and as little distance to the outside wall as well. Still some logistics to figure out.

My grotto calls... Nite nite!
Dory

Hey!

I just got notified that Mars-Hydro shipped my lights! Squeee!

Now to get the tent ordered, and the carbon filter made.

Still have to decide how big a fan I need. Is it true that a tent needs a full air turnover once every couple minutes? The walls would suck in, and out thru the filter! Yikes! The tent, 4(w) x 8(l) x 6.5(h) = 208 cubic feet. How big a fan do I really need? I'm not too concerned about the fragrence, overheating from the lights does give me some apprehension.

At the moment the tent is going in the basement near a site where I have access to water and drainage, an unfinished bathroom. The bath only has the floor drains, water lines... no sink, toilet, shower.... or walls!

Exhaust from the tent, I hope to vent straight outdoors, with as little ductwork bends as possible, and as little distance to the outside wall as well. Still some logistics to figure out.

My grotto calls... Nite nite!
Dory

congrats on the new light...

4x8 tent? I would go with a 6" inline, 450 CFM with a variable speed controller, so you can crank it up if needed for heat management, or turn it down when you dont need. need to figure the cfm loss of the filter as well. a 240 would work if money is tight, but I would go with the 450..
amazon has them for like 70 bucks, the 240cfm is around 25...

Back
Top Bottom