Where can I buy polyploid clones or seeds?

dawiggy420

im very interested in polyploids but dont really want to work with any colchicine myself and would rather skip the 1st poisonous generation all together

something like this?

World of Seeds Feminized Legend Collection Afghan Kush Special

Bank: World of Seeds Bank
Sex: Female: Pure Afghan Kush
Stabilised male hybrid: POLLEN OBTAINED FROM GENETICALLY MODIFIED PLANTS. Male is obtained from a determined quantity of plants growth with a mitotic inhibitor that gives us polysomic plants. This mutant hybrids has been selected and classified with the best properties in order to obtain a new potential genetic in a new cross
Way of cropping: Outdoor/indoor
Genotype: 100% Indica
Harvest time: 8 weeks indoor/ middle of October outdoor
Yield: 400-450 gr/m2 indoor/ 400-550 per plant outdoor
Medicinal value: High.
THC Level: >20%

Found it randomly looking for kush strains, if you decide to try it link me to your grow journal some day. :D

I'll keep my eye open :p

A lot of todays strains have polyploids in the family tree,it's just not mentioned or possibly known by seed houses,as colchicine's heyday was from the mid 70's to the mid 80's.

I'd speculate that any pure Sativa that's hyped as having "large,dense,buds" has polyploid genetics.

I'm growing that WoS Afghan Kush. What does polyploid mean exactly? Like, what is the point? I read an article on wikipedia that explained the process but it was a bit over my head... and now I am even more confused. I know it has to do with plant breeding and using chemicals to make sterile plants fertile or something of the sort or introducing desirable traits but beyond that I need someone to explain this in a little simpler to me. I have a keen interest in this seeing as how I am growing that Afghan Kush plant and I know very little of what went into growing the thing. Whoever bred the strain, I can tell it is a good strain. Just wish someone would explain the whole polyploid thing. Specifically what is the benefit of using this chemical on your plants in a breeding type situation???

I'm growing that WoS Afghan Kush. What does polyploid mean exactly? Like, what is the point? I read an article on wikipedia that explained the process but it was a bit over my head... and now I am even more confused. I know it has to do with plant breeding and using chemicals to make sterile plants fertile or something of the sort or introducing desirable traits but beyond that I need someone to explain this in a little simpler to me. I have a keen interest in this seeing as how I am growing that Afghan Kush plant and I know very little of what went into growing the thing. Whoever bred the strain, I can tell it is a good strain. Just wish someone would explain the whole polyploid thing. Specifically what is the benefit of using this chemical on your plants in a breeding type situation???

seems my last post was deleted, maybe server had to load an older image...anyways, I don't know much about polyploid or triploid other than being mutants which can yield a considerably more amount, if it's the correct type of mutant, otherwise you'll just have something cool to look at for a couple months.

seems my last post was deleted, maybe server had to load an older image...anyways, I don't know much about polyploid or triploid other than being mutants which can yield a considerably more amount, if it's the correct type of mutant, otherwise you'll just have something cool to look at for a couple months.

You are correct about that. The server lost like about a days worth of posts and data but I read a thread the admins posted that the server has been fixed but some posts and pictures were lost. In other news the Afghan Kush is flowering like a champ under 2 1000 watt EYE Hortilux HPS. The EYE bulb is a lot more blue and puts off a lot more heat than my Sunmaster. I have also noticed better yields but you have to be careful because the heat it puts off can burn or heat stress your top most buds and leaves so be careful if you pick 1 up. I wish I LST the plant and got more tops because I'm sure the yield would be much better. I can already tell it is going to be a very healthy plant and will probably need to be held up with dowels. I'm also growing an Afghan Kush low ryder and it is my first time growing autos and I love it. :ganjamon: Anyway, I just ordered a bunch of seeds. Cataract Kush which is OG Kush X LA Affie, and a strain I have been wanting to try for a while which is "LA CHEESE" which is Exodus Cheese X LA Confidential. Both feminized as the last seeds I ordered were regular and I got almost all males. However I harvested the male pollen on the best males of OG Kush X Chem Dawg#4, and also some male pollen from a Blackberry and gave some to a few choice breeder friends and also kept some for myself as I plan to use it to make hybrids. I will be doing a journal for the Cataract Kush grow. I'm growing some OG right now but it's only been flowering for a week so its barely started shooting. Thanks for the info on the polyploid issue. + Rep for you sir.

Pollyploid is when during Miosis the cell has 3 times the chromosomes than a normal one. here are some picts of one i have now

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_183355743.jpg
    IMG_20190608_183355743.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20190608_183407831.jpg
    IMG_20190608_183407831.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20190615_155947.jpg
    IMG_20190615_155947.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20190615_155959.jpg
    IMG_20190615_155959.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20190615_160008.jpg
    IMG_20190615_160008.jpg
    701.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20190615_160029.jpg
    IMG_20190615_160029.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 267
I find it more and more these days. Lots of different strains have had plants that will do it.

I know they can be cool to see but it really doesn't help matters. In most cases it hurts. The weird buds you are showing really isn't polyploidal. That comes when they have 3 to 4 leaves at each junction as instead of to 2.

Lots of people think the extra leaves is going to add extra size in the buds. It doesn't. Nothing wrong with growing freaks. They are cool and I have loved them. If you are thinking it will give you more bud it won't. In fact these plants actually give you less. To much stem weight.

It mean crazy growth supper size Budds I'll show you 2ma it's crazy

Back
Top Bottom