Where did 2/3 of my Cannabutter go?

cropduster044

I started with a lb of unsalted butter, an oz of weed plus vape leftovers plus all the trim I've been saving and cooked all this in a crockpot on low in about 2-3 cups of water for about 5-6 hours. After draining and straining and letting the mixture cool in the fridge, I wound up with 164 gm of cannabutter. Wha' hoppen Lucy? I still have the 'cannawater' - is there a chance there's still some psychoactives left in there and I can try to remove some more by reheating with fresh butter? Did I wind up with super strong cannabutter (yes Virginia, I DO plan on trying it...real soon! ;))

I didn't think that with all the water I used that the butter would evaporate, but that seems to be what happened.

Halp please!!?!? :peace:

Sad , but true . It seems the butter evaporated , idk what else could have caused it . Usually you cook it on low for about 3 hours then simmer it for a few more , not keep cooking it for hours on end

What about the psychoactives - still there or gone with the wind? The only time I used high heat was initially to melt the butter in the water and then went to 'low', whatever THAT temp happens to be. I'm just guessing here, but I have a joint of Jack Herer that says that 'low', 'med', and 'high' differ by quite a bit depending on who makes the particular crockpot/electric cooker in use...any takers? :scratchinghead:

Of course, many, if not most of us have our individual 'high' settings built in at birth :bigtoke: :rofl: :yahoo:

haha youll be fine . i doubt you went above 350 degrees . THC is destroyed around that temperature , so 325 is reccomended . it should be fine , if anything you have very potent budder . try it out and see if it works , im pretty sure it will .

Yep, you're right. I finally made some brownies and tried it out and HOLY SHIT!!! These were really small, about 20-25 brownies in an 8"x8" pan and I figgered dat since I screwed up cooking da butter, that I'd better try two just to see if I could even feel it and HOLY SHIT again!! Them liddle suckers laid me out on the couch with lots of pretty colors spinning all around my head and I think there was music on but it wouldn't have made any difference - I would have heard it anyway. :cheer:
So the psychoactives didn't disappear, they just concentrated demselves to about 3X normal strength and blew the top of my head off about a zillion times over the next several hours...and this was an oz of schwag, not even decent pot, at least not fer vaping.

Myth confirmed! Crappy pot makes great butter!

NEVER bake at more than 350 degrees! I bake at 325 to be on the safe side. As far as using the trim to making the butter, here is what I do, grind the trim to a powder then add to melted butter, making sure you stir the powder into the butter. I use a slow cooker/crock pot and set it on WARM for 24 hours, give or take. You can also set it on LOW and let it sit for the day. Either way, stir once in awhile. If you strain the final product, removing the plant from the butter, the potency will be less. The plant still has a substantial amount of THC in it. Also I noticed in previous posts that the ratio of cannabis to butter was very small. Try 4/1 ratio. That means you use 1 oz trim to 4 oz butter. I guarantee you be happy!

My Silver Jack harvest came in a couple weeks ago - yielded about a lb from 5 plants...maybe even a little more. I need to finish curing it, then I'm gonna do a couple oz per lb of butter, although this time I'm not gonna crock-pot it quite as long or as hot. I'm also gonna try a couple of ideas y'all put out here. Grinding into powder sounds like it has merit since it will dramatically increase the surface area which means I can probably cook the initial cannabutter for a lot shorter length of time. 2 oz of that sativa dominant strain in some edibles should kill just about any pain I can think of...and probably a lot of pains that haven't been invented yet! :Namaste: Might even get me back to seeing God again!

Thanks for all the tips - I'm finding that good strong cannabutter can be a much mellower hallucination inducer than shrooms or acid with a hell of a lot less paranoia too. When I was doing sunshine, I always felt like I was gonna die in that state of consciousnesses and never come down...shrooms weren't quite that bad, their main problem was just getting them down without gagging - then I discovered shrooms mixed with peanut butter and had a lot more fun.

:peace: And just to let you know,, the left over from the crock pot, still has psychoactives in it, because my dog got some once and TRIPPED for 3 days!!
I started with a lb of unsalted butter, an oz of weed plus vape leftovers plus all the trim I've been saving and cooked all this in a crockpot on low in about 2-3 cups of water for about 5-6 hours. After draining and straining and letting the mixture cool in the fridge, I wound up with 164 gm of cannabutter. Wha' hoppen Lucy? I still have the 'cannawater' - is there a chance there's still some psychoactives left in there and I can try to remove some more by reheating with fresh butter? Did I wind up with super strong cannabutter (yes Virginia, I DO plan on trying it...real soon! ;))

I didn't think that with all the water I used that the butter would evaporate, but that seems to be what happened.

Halp please!!?!? :peace:

Back
Top Bottom