Where Does 420 Come From

canna biz

420 is like Christmas for stoners or , to be politically correct, marijuana enthusiasts. It̢۪s the day that all REAL weed smokers do what they do every other day of the year. Smoke! Only difference is, it̢۪s done on a much bigger scale. People plan months in advance to celebrate this day. Those who smoke 8th̢۪s are smoking half an O. Those who smoke half an O are smoking an entire ounce, and people smoking more than that are dead. Regardless of what your doing you̢۪ll most likely be doing a lot more of it.

Where does the term 420 come from though? It was originally believed that it was the police code for marijuana related arrests. Makes sense, but not true. The actual origin of 420 started in a high school in California when a group of guys known as “The Waldos†that heard from a U.S Coast Guard that someone was growing weed near the coastal town of Point Reyes. The Waldos decided to look for it. They met at 4:20 after school and football practice.

They searched for the weed for weeks but never found it. “We didn’t know we were creating history at the time, it was just a private joke we were telling between ourselves,†Dave Reddix, one of the original waldos, said. From there things just kind of spread naturally. It made its way onto the Oakland Grateful Dead concert flier. The designer is still unknown and from there it slowly embedded itself into our vocabulary. So yeah that’s how it started

Aww damn that sucks will you pass?
With some help of one of those detox drinks, I think so. From what I understand they work best if you're smoke free for a few days before using it. I haven't lit up since Sunday and my test is on Monday next week so I think I should be ok. Here's to hoping! Just aggravates me though. Weed is legal in my state now but I could still lose my job for toking up on my own time. Not fair, but baby steps I guess.

420 is like Christmas for stoners or , to be politically correct, marijuana enthusiasts. It̢۪s the day that all REAL weed smokers do what they do every other day of the year. Smoke! Only difference is, it̢۪s done on a much bigger scale. People plan months in advance to celebrate this day. Those who smoke 8th̢۪s are smoking half an O. Those who smoke half an O are smoking an entire ounce, and people smoking more than that are dead. Regardless of what your doing you̢۪ll most likely be doing a lot more of it.

Where does the term 420 come from though? It was originally believed that it was the police code for marijuana related arrests. Makes sense, but not true. The actual origin of 420 started in a high school in California when a group of guys known as “The Waldos†that heard from a U.S Coast Guard that someone was growing weed near the coastal town of Point Reyes. The Waldos decided to look for it. They met at 4:20 after school and football practice.

They searched for the weed for weeks but never found it. “We didn’t know we were creating history at the time, it was just a private joke we were telling between ourselves,†Dave Reddix, one of the original waldos, said. From there things just kind of spread naturally. It made its way onto the Oakland Grateful Dead concert flier. The designer is still unknown and from there it slowly embedded itself into our vocabulary. So yeah that’s how it started

The True Origin of 420 - Setting The Record Straight

Back
Top Bottom