Where in the USA can you get multiple harvests?

thinkerr

my idea was to have a large veg room indoors with anywhere from 6-10 mothers of different strains. then i would have anywhere from 25-50 clones every month. i would then take those clones and plant them outside.

my question is where in the USA can you pull this off without worrying about frosts and having enough 12/12 hour days to do this multiple times in a year?

floridas gonna be underwater in a few decades i rather it be somewhere i can have a house and not worry about it turning into atlantis.

I'm setting up a greenhouse on my back patio in central CA for exactly that. Should be ready to roll in the next couple days. I'll use supplemental lighting in the morning and evening to compensate for the shorter winter days, but expect a harvest just like indoors every two months.

Sounds like you want to plant in the ground, though. I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that once you veg them out, they'll finish in two months once you harden them and get them outside. I'll find out for sure soon. :ganjamon:

ground or pots doesnt matter to me i havent seen enough outdoor grows to make a judgement call.

thats a cool idea to supplement light to trick them into 12/12. it would be relatively cheap because itd only be for morning and late afternoon/early night. your gram/watt would be excellent since youre using the sun for the bud production and the lights to sustain flowering.

are you going to use CFL (t5, t8) or HID? or just regular household lighting. ive heard anything stronger than candle light during dark hours will disturb flowering so i would think anything stronger than candle light would induce flowering also.

My indoor grows use 1000w HPS. That's all I have on hand. The plan is to turn it on 1.5 hours at dawn and 1.5 hours again at dusk. I'll decide on the exact times when I study the sun in my area more. I suppose it'd be best to figure out optimal sunlight times and then go 1.5 hours in both directions from there.

It'd also help with heat in the coldest three months. For the middle of the night I'll put in an oil filled radiator type heater with a thermostat to keep it high enough to not stop growth.

The greenhouse is completely waterproof (if I caulk it right) so no worries there.

They'll be fully vegged indoors.

Thinking about journaling this grow. Would be my first.

Wow! Thanks for that! :thanks:

Done deal. Journal it is. I'll start taking pics tomorrow of the greenhouse going up and will start it in a week or so when the veggies go in.

It should be fun.

Neat thread. TY for the CA link. I will be trying 2 harvests next summer here. Veg inside and force flower, then put them out in May/ June along with some older seedlings or clones which I'll have to force to bloom a bit early in order to finish. Dragging the plants and bug inside and out is a pain. A shed or greenhouse with AC and lights would be perfect. You could put your gals on a wheeled palette and simply push the lot of them outside each day, or leave them inside on the hot days. Since you'll have them in at night, you could use a space heater for cold nights.

My plants were germed in May and didn't grow during June-August. They flowered in mid Sept and are still not ready, I think. I could really use some help with this! 1st grow, ready to harvest yet? I'll do a retro journal on them when I get the time.

When I get my own place, this is my plan. The choice between a greenhouse or shed depends on security and what I can keep cool. My plants didn't grow for almost 3 months in CA due to heat. The cold nights were not so wonderful either. Still, when the temps dropped my gals went wild with blooms to make up for the small size! I'm glad to have my first grow outside because I learned a lot without investing all of the money into indoor equipment.

Originally, 3 of my plants were in 3 gallon grow bags and 3 of the 5 placed in the ground with the bags. This was so I could easily dig them up and move them if need be. I ended up moving all of them and the bags were great to keep my soil and roots protected, but they were also too small and too flimsy. Next year, I'll be using 5 gallon or more nursery pots and putting all of the plants in the ground. Why? Heat. My plants in plastic, terracotta, and cloth pots all got too hot and the roots were baked in the sun. The plastic and cloth pots held in the heat and the water and those roots were boiled in the sun. By using 5 gallon pots, I can bury them again and the surrounding clay keeps the roots and soil more cool. Also, any outside invaders will not know they are in pots, and not walk off with my plants. Just dig the whole deeper and fill the bottom with rocks for drainage. You still treat them like potted plants! I'm new at this, but hope my ideas help a bit...

Aces, do you have to cover your greenhouse when the lights are on? You must be not far from me, an area with a lot of crime. I like your idea and would love to hear how it works out! Inside or out, the heat in CA is a major problem. :-(

GL Thinkerr!

Aces, do you have to cover your greenhouse when the lights are on? You must be not far from me, an area with a lot of crime. I like your idea and would love to hear how it works out! Inside or out, the heat in CA is a major problem. :-(

Haven't totally decided on the lights yet after a couple friends (indoor growers) mentioned they couldn't think of a better way to draw attention. I've got other concerns I'll discuss in the journal. I should have it started early next week.

Anywhere auto flower :blunt: In Colorado it can be done in pots and may require indoor lights at sometime or an other. smaller indicas are easier to manage. Smell is a big concern in crime neighborhoods.

Why not just grow Auto flowers by the truckload and although the yields will be smaller they will not be dependent on a photoperiod. Not only that, the auto-flowering varieties are getting better and better. I just placed an order for "60 day wonder" a plant designed to be fully mature and flowering in 60 days and probably ready to come down around 80 days. Although autoflowers are not designed to flower under 24 hour lights they can but if growing outside auto-flowers make sense, being able to flower in the middle of winter or summer. That is what I am doing this year outdoor. I am growing TEXADA TIMEWARP, DINAFEM HAZE AUTO, 60 DAY WONDER, GREEN-O-MATIC, and a few other strains I have that I'm not quite ready to share just yet...can you say IRanian auto-flowers?

Back
Top Bottom