Where is the section on this website for nutrients?

The FAQ section might be what you're looking for. Frequently Asked Questions

there is also the Growers Lounge Growers Lounge

I suggest adding as many pertinent details as possible with your question. The experienced growers here will be more than willing to help but need details in order to provide a thorough response. Pictures of your grow also help.

There is no specific section although many of the nutrient manufacturers are sponsors and have their own threads promoting their products. If you give us an idea what product you are needing info about, there is a good possibility that one of us regular members can help.
It's a product called 'Superthrive,' which for some reason seems to be a long running joke on another growers forum that I frequent.

Someone literally referred to it as being a 'snake oil' and advised me to do a Google search. So I did. My brief research on the product indicated multiple high scores throughout several websites and thousands of reviews. It's also been sold since 1940, 82 years in duration. So I am highly skeptical of the claim of it being snake oil.

Not to say I want to use it, I have other fertilizers I bought and intend to use. But if there should ever be a time when I want to explore other minerals and plant nutrients, I honestly might consider using the product.

What's wrong with Superthrive?

Hello - there's nothing wrong with Superthrive, lots of growers use it as a tonic for stressed plants
I have used it but saw no effect - if it was as good as they claim there would be no debate
Thank you kindly for the response. I thought there was something that I was missing.

Title. I need to ask something about a particular product.
what product/s are you wanting information on ? products for veg, bloom, bloom enhancers, rooting , ect As for SuperThrive it's Ok and has been around for at least 50 years (good for all around plant heakth, some use it in germinating seeds)

what product/s are you wanting information on ? products for veg, bloom, bloom enhancers, rooting , ect As for SuperThrive it's Ok and has been around for at least 50 years (good for all around plant heakth, some use it in germinating seeds)
It was about Superthrive. I just wanted to know how growers on this forum feel about the product. I might stay away from that other forum..

It's a product called 'Superthrive,' which for some reason seems to be a long running joke on another growers forum that I frequent.

Someone literally referred to it as being a 'snake oil' and advised me to do a Google search. So I did. My brief research on the product indicated multiple high scores throughout several websites and thousands of reviews. It's also been sold since 1940, 82 years in duration. So I am highly skeptical of the claim of it being snake oil.

Not to say I want to use it, I have other fertilizers I bought and intend to use. But if there should ever be a time when I want to explore other minerals and plant nutrients, I honestly might consider using the product.

What's wrong with Superthrive?
The only problem I have seen with Superthrive is that people get in trouble when they try to use too much of the stuff, especially during bloom. It is highly concentrated and they really mean it when they say to just use a drop. Go lightly, and it is a good source of extra vitamins and trace elements that sometimes get neglected. Don't expect miracles from this product as its benefits are very subtle and hard to see... but I wouldn't call it snake oil. As in many things that seem too good to be true, use only as directed.

people get in trouble when they try to use too much of the stuff
Well said Emilya, that goes for almost all products that improve the growth of any living organism, always best to start off using the manufacturer's instructions...even medications. Then if one must change the instructions, do it at your risk.

Back
Top Bottom