Where Is The Weed?

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Officals of the Benguet Provincial Police Office (BPPO) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (Pdea) are asked to clarify allegations involving the marijuana apprehension where the suspect was allegedly freed.

They are also tasked to explain the missing marijuana bricks.

Provincial Board Member Rogelio Leon asked BPPO Director Daniel Pelisco and the Pdea officials to appear before the PB and explain the alleged missing marijuana bricks after the apprehension of about 100 kilos of marijuana in Kapangan.

Leon said he received reports that the suspect was freed after yielding 100 kilos of marijuana.

Allegedly, the Kapangan police submitted only 40 kilos.

"I was informed through a text message that the suspect was freed, including the vehicle he used in transporting the (contraband). I am alarmed by this report and I want the police to clarify this to us," Leon said.

"The police made it appear they found the marijuana bricks scattered, and collected these, but reports I got negated the police report," he said.

He added that even officials from the Benguet Provincial Police Office admitted they have received reports from Kapangan residents denying the bricks were just discovered along the road.

"We have to press for the investigation of this," said the board member.

Leon initiated various livelihood projects for residents of Kapangan when he was the town mayor in a bid to discourage farmers from planting the illegal hemp.

The town was once tagged as the country's marijuana capital because majority of the confiscated plant comes from the municipality.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Sun.Star
Copyright: 2008 Sun.Star Publishing, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom