Where to exhaust?

JDJP

So after watching the video about flir, im wondering where to vent my single 1Kw HPS with 400cfm blowing through it. Im not worried about smell, intake air will come from a soffit vent under the eve of he roof, go through the light and vent out into the attic.
and the room will be air conditioned.

Now if the intake air is 80* how hot is it going to be coming out the other end?
Outside temps 80s at night, 90s day.

and with 20 or so soffit vents and a ridge vent, would it be noticable to flir at night?

I planned on running the light 12 hrs at night to take advantage of lower temps, and me being home at night, but the more i think about it the more I think daytime may be better. plus I see a helicopter fly circles over my neighborhood almost every night.

What do you guys think????

I am interested in seeing what others have to say as well...

my thoughts are...
1. a little paranoia is a good thing.. :)
2. I would sh*t myself to have a heli hovering overhead all the time..

do you have a gas water-heater? or gas/oil furnace?
what about sending it up the chimney, (after a light trap) heat is heat,, right?

I was thinking about sending mine into the sewer pipe,, but then the thought of dried--concrete like poop lining the sewer pipe....... gross right?

anyways, my vote would be to share the chimney with the waterheater ot furnace.. just make sure to trap the light,, you don't want to send light signals out the chimney to the hovering heli...

well, bummer on the chimney.. on a paranoid side, I would think heat on the "roof" from your attic (if vented there) would be more reasonable during the day when the sun is hitting it. If vented at night and raised the temp, may be a red flag?

is it a multi level home/apartment? if you pull from the attic, could you exhaust into the basement? or what about the sewer line? electric dryer vent? indoor dryervent/lint trap,, the kind where you fill 1/2 with water and it blows the air into it.. may help cool the air?

Or, maybe some sort of chiller as it enters your attic? even a small rack with damp rags, and blow the air over them? although I don't know how you would keep the rags wet,,,,,,

If smell is not a problem, run it into your return for the AC unit.
Might cause your AC to run a little more than usual, but should do fine with the hiding the heat signature.

Back
Top Bottom