Where to get a wire cage for plants?

Like a tomato cage? they're pretty cheap no matter where you get them, so probably cheapest to get locally so you're not paying for shipping. I think the biggest problem will be that now it's October - I doubt anyone locally is going to have them in stock, so if you need them now, you might have no choice but to order online and pay shipping.

Another possibility would be to call around to some local independent places. Sometimes when they have stock leftover at the end of the season they don't have the means to send items back to mfr or to a central storage warehouse (Like Wallys or Homers might)... so call around local nurseries/garden centers and see if they have any tomato cages hanging around in a back room somewhere.

Short of that, they're pretty easy to make if you've got the tools (and time)

Good luck

Stealthboat, you could probably go to just about any hardware store and get some fencing to cut however you'd like. Most have a wide selection of mess sizes to choose from. :peace:

I have terrible luck when it comes to finding supplies :rolleyes3 I'll check out a few at least. I was reading a thread earlier that mentioned hog wire, any thoughts? And I will also need a tool to cut fencing if I go that route I suppose

I have terrible luck when it comes to finding supplies :rolleyes3 I'll check out a few at least. I was reading a thread earlier that mentioned hog wire, any thoughts? And I will also need a tool to cut fencing if I go that route I suppose
Stealthboat, the only problem with hog wire is that the mesh openings get progressively larger from bottom to top of the fencing. Probably not good for your use? Maybe just decide what size opening you'd like and ask a farm supply or hardware and you could get a cheap pair of tin snips at Wallyworld if you wanted. Good luck whichever way you decide to go! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom