Where To Measure Temp & RH In The Tent

024backwards

I spent time reading on this topic last night and came away confused. Like all of us I measure temp in my tent. Its a small tent, 2x2x5', and I feel like I can dial in the environment IF I know the target zones. There are numerous articles on this topic, ideal temp and RH target zones across the life cycle of nearly every strain we grow. However, what I cant figure out is where i am supposed to measure these values. I am growing a Bruce Banner #3 which likes a 71d, 60% RH during veg. Are those readings from the canopy? the soil level? the top of the tent? an average of all of them? Obviously 71d at the soil level in leaf shade means its much warmer in the canopy, so is there a "black and white" answer or is this one a little grey?

Welcome to 420Mag!

I take readings at all areas, have a few of them. Lol it gives me a better pic of the whole. ;)

Plus i have a lazer temp gauge to measure leaf temp, if you get into VPD then its a very useful tool to have. ;)

Welcome to 420Mag!

I take readings at all areas, have a few of them. Lol it gives me a better pic of the whole. ;)

Plus i have a lazer temp gauge to measure leaf temp, if you get into VPD then its a very useful tool to have. ;)
Most people are concerned with temps around the canopy where the buds are forming and growing. If you want to perfect your environment then check out vpn chart.
As Lime mentioned it is helpful to get readings through out your room to get an idea of complete environment of your girls.

Thanks everyone. I am asking precisely because I am interested in VPD, so this is super helpful. A laser temp gauge for the leaves? Oh my, Merry Christmas to me......:peace:

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will take it slow. Yeah I am having a blast, its my first grow since I was 17 and grew one guerilla style in the woods :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom