Where to stick it? Options other than rockwool for seeds/clones?

Sweetgreen

I'm a noob, so any thoughts or tips on my setup, or anything I say is mucho appreciated.

I'm just curious what all the options are, as for what to put clones in after you cut them? I know rockwool is the most popular, as well as soil, but what else? I assume my growing method is what will dictate what I choose to put my clones in?

I think I'm going DWC hyrdo(2 plants per 1 rubbermaid 57L/15gal, 24 x 16 x 12½), and either going to use neoprene collars and just have the roots hang, or use lava balls(better support?). I'd like to know how I'm going to get from fresh cut clone to vegging plant for either of those methods? I've heard using a rockwool cube and covering it in lava balls isn't the best way, as the rockwool cube holds lots of water and can cause problems later on?. What I'd like to do, once the clones have some roots, is to clean them off to bare roots, then either put them in laval balls or use the collars. I just don't know how I can root a clone in something, then remove that something so I can put the rooted clone in it's final home?

These are going to be moms used to make clones for an outdoor this summer. Do my growing methods sound like good choices for what I want to do?

So the most important answer I'm looking for is what should I put my clones in?

Thanks

Re: Where to stick it? Options other than rockwool for clones?

i too run dwc and use rockwool but a very good thing to understand is keep them in the wool if you use it . you can put them in coco , this is awesome as you cannot over water them ...can you over fertalize them yes but if you are chckin your levels this is very easy and almost foolproof , i also have seen people put the rockwool in soil ...key point DO NOT TRY TO CUT THEM FREE, you will stress them and that is very bad at this stage.. also no noyes for the little ladies before the two weeks are up..good grwin

Back
Top Bottom