Where'd the smell go?

Jmann69

420 Member
I've grown NLA, Candy Cane, White Widow and only once has my green smelled strong, had dence buds and tasted awesome. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I did right once but it's always coming out not as tasty, tight and strong smelling. Still get buzzed af but not so tasty. Any ideas? Common mistakes?

Jmann

Re: Where'd the smell go???

I am currently experiencing the same problem. My last harvest just didn't deliver the smell and density I am used to. I had issues with Ph or root rot in mid flower. My ladies got a little yellow and angry mid flower. Maybe stress?

I've grown NLA, Candy Cane, White Widow and only once has my green smelled strong, had dence buds and tasted awesome. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I did right once but it's always coming out not as tasty, tight and strong smelling. Still get buzzed af but not so tasty. Any ideas? Common mistakes?

Jmann

It really comes down to the genetics and how they have been grown. Size of the pot, under/over feeding. Are you comparing this to a specific strain you have had in the past? Are you harvesting to early?

Re: Where'd the smell go???

I am currently experiencing the same problem. My last harvest just didn't deliver the smell and density I am used to. I had issues with Ph or root rot in mid flower. My ladies got a little yellow and angry mid flower. Maybe stress?

How off was your pH? I doubt it would have been pH levels, unless you were neglecting that completely. What made you think root rot? Don't think I'm coming off mean! I'm just curious and would like to know!

My pH meter went all wonky and my Water was around 5.3 when I thought it was 6.4 (soilless mix organic), this lasted about a week and a half. I'm thinking rot rot because from pictures, I will know more about the roots once I get off work and go dissect the root ball. I have some experience with greenhouse growing but little cannabis growing. This is my second run with this strain. Last run it was tighter and smelled stronger. I also started using Nectar for the Gods recently, I really don't know. Maybe consistent room temps?

It really comes down to the genetics and how they have been grown. Size of the pot, under/over feeding. Are you comparing this to a specific strain you have had in the past? Are you harvesting to early?
Not a specific strain, but I just had one of my first grows turn out so perfect. Smelly tasty fat colas. Doing everything pretty much the same as I did before. Every since, hay smelling thin and not so tasty. Get ya there but not share worthy as the first. I'm using CFL lighting and I may be using more bulbs than before. Could that be a factor?

Jmann

Not a specific strain, but I just had one of my first grows turn out so perfect. Smelly tasty fat colas. Doing everything pretty much the same as I did before. Every since, hay smelling thin and not so tasty. Get ya there but not share worthy as the first. I'm using CFL lighting and I may be using more bulbs than before. Could that be a factor?

Jmann

Do you have any pics you can post? What's your nutes like? This grow is not a specific strain ? Is it a bagseed? Could just be genetics my friend. Let me see what you have going on so I can get a better idea!

My pH meter went all wonky and my Water was around 5.3 when I thought it was 6.4 (soilless mix organic), this lasted about a week and a half. I'm thinking rot rot because from pictures, I will know more about the roots once I get off work and go dissect the root ball. I have some experience with greenhouse growing but little cannabis growing. This is my second run with this strain. Last run it was tighter and smelled stronger. I also started using Nectar for the Gods recently, I really don't know. Maybe consistent room temps?

What are your temps usually at? Humidity ? Specific strain?

The last two grows I ran Gorilla Glue under led scrog. Temps ran around 80 day 72 night humidity locked in at 60. My "room" is garbage and temperature bounces around. I thought I was moving 6 months ago and took my actual space down and made my current house sellable but the other sell fell through. What if any issues have you ran into?

Jmann

Hay smelling weed is because it hasn't been cured properly. Also you should flush for a week or two before harvest to flush out all the nasty chemical taste. Flush, harvest, dry, cure.

I have no pictures, I didn't plan on posting in a forum, I'm new to being social. I used Nectar for the gods, and super thrive these last to runs. Before I used advanced nutrients. I like this organic idea, I just have to keep researching and playing in my garden. I worked in a commercial greenhouse for about 4.5 years managed it for 2, we made a lot of jokes about growing canna but never thought I would. Love the law changes.

420-magazine-mobile510725109.jpg
420-magazine-mobile38814155.jpg

I lied I do have some pics from early flower probably week 1 or 2. I hope I posted these correctly I should really read the manual on this forum

Was your first run from seed and everything else after clones? I feel that my first run with Bruce Banner BX the seed plants where better than the clone but I have been told that this was all mental

Back
Top Bottom