Which carbon scrubber/filter would you recommend?

Bluedream64

Hello!

This website had been very helpful as I inch closer to my first grow. The question I have for the community is which carbon scrubber/filter would be best for a 4x4 room with four plants. There can not be any smell during the flowering or drying period. Or am I screwed and even with the scrubber I will still smell it in the house? There are just other people in the house who can't smell a thing. Price doesn't matter. So far I'm looking at a phresh, can, and mountain air.

I don't know if you will be 100% smell free even with carbon filters. I just got done with a grow and my house had some weed smells at times. Obviously strongest during end of flower. Drying right now and I have no smell. My room is under my stairs so my grow area is 3x3. My sig shows my filter and fan. I have a 4in inline and 4in carbon filter and it's all vented back into my house, it is not outside. For a 4x4 I would use a 6in inline/filter, and get a speed controller for the fan, you may not need the fan full speed. I bought a cheap set on Amazon.

Thank you so much. Have you tried on a gel? I was thinking of using that outside the tent but in the room. Do you have any experience with that?

I was just at the store and talked to a clerk about the gel. You cannot have the gel in the same room as your weed, the gel can change the smoke. The dude said the gel doesn't last long. I have only read about using it so dunno. When the smell got bad my wife put a wax warmer near our front door and the smell disappeared. Best way to make the house smell free is to vent outside. My carbon did pretty good. I anticipate purchasing a larger filter and fan in the middle of my next grow. I will see how long it lasts.

In my 2x4 tent, I use a 4 inch Hurricane fan (174 CFM) with a speed controller and a 4x8 Phresh filter (150 CFM). Air is pulled through the filter in the tent and out into a 5 gallon bucket with about 5 pounds of charcoal. I just finished my first grow and the smell was very strong when the tent was unzipped, but otherwise you couldn't smell a thing.

YT

In my 2x4 tent, I use a 4 inch Hurricane fan (174 CFM) with a speed controller and a 4x8 Phresh filter (150 CFM). Air is pulled through the filter in the tent and out into a 5 gallon bucket with about 5 pounds of charcoal. I just finished my first grow and the smell was very strong when the tent was unzipped, but otherwise you couldn't smell a thing.

YT

What kind of charcoal? How do you have it hooked up to the bucket?

You can buy activated carbon pellets on that auction site:winkyface:

Get a regular 5 gallon bucket with a lid and drill a 4 inch hole in the lid (using a 4 inch hole saw). Attach a 4 inch flange to the lid (you will attach the ducting from your exhaust fan to this flange when the lid is on the bucket (which sits right next to my tent).

In the bucket, I inserted wooden dowels through it to act as a "grate" (about 3/4 of the way down the bucket). On top of this grate I placed a circular shaped disc (cut from green mesh filter) and then on top of that about 5 pounds of activated carbon pellets. Then I drilled holes at the bottom of the bucket so the exhausted air (which has passed through my filter in tent and 2nd filter in bucket) is released (with no smell).

Hope this helps:thumb:

YT

Back
Top Bottom