Which is a suitable affordable soil to cut with FFOF for germinating my baby girl?

spikespiegel

So I just bought some of FFOF, but i didnt think about needing a soil with a lower nute count so my baby girls dont get burned out. Which is a good soil to cut with FFOF for the first week or so of life (before transplanting into a FFOF/Lime/Perlite mix).

Could I just use any non-fertalized soil I can buy at HD? I want to buy Light Warrior from my hydro shop but its pretty expensive and am looking for a cheap alternative producing similar results. Any insights are much appreciated. :Namaste:

Re: Which is a suitable affordable soil to cut with FFOF for germinating my baby girl

If you using soil the hydro shops will rip you off. Just go to the garden center and get some potting or seedling soil from there. Dont know FFOF but im sure it would be fine in there anyway.

Ive been using this mix and had no problems at all. You wont find this where you're from as the latter is my super soil mix but even the seedling mix is quite strong and I had no burns at all.

Seedling Soil Mix

- 50% John Innes
- 30% Manure Compost
- 20% Perlite
+ 1 tsp Mycorrhizal Fungi
+ 1 tbsp Bone Meal (3.12.0)

Super Soil Mix

The 45L Super Soil Mix is:
- 11L John Innes No2
- 11L John Innes No2 strong mix, also with coco
- 11L Horse Manure Compost
- 10L Perlite
- 400g Worm Castings
- 300g Fish, Bone, Blood Meal (4.7.4)
- 50g Garden Lime
- 50g Sea Bird Guano (1.12.1) + Micro elements
- 75g Mycorrhizal Fungi
- 1 Tbsp Epsom Salts
- 1 Tbsp Calcium Carbonate

Re: Which is a suitable affordable soil to cut with FFOF for germinating my baby girl

Sweet thanks a lot for the advice man. Almost made the folly of giving wayy too much of me money to them for some regular soil.

Personally, I would cut it with 50% perlite. You could also cut it with 50% coco, but I like how perlite helps drainage more and does stay as moist.

You could try cutting it with 25% perlite and 25% coco. In fact, growing seeds in course coco 100% is awesome, then transfrer to 50% coco 50% perlite. So many things to try, though.

I have seeds growing in 100% course coco right now, not that fine stuff. That stuff doesn't breath as well or let water flow as well. I am using Burpee seed starting coco. Great stuff. Great results.

Back
Top Bottom