Which LED for my style?

Hey man, thanks for the help with lighting. I've got another stange issue. My seedlings have developed yellowing and crisping on the bottom leaves and have purple..ish stems and leaf bases. What do you think I should do?

IMAG04719.jpg
IMAG047015.jpg

please ask under my topic, there has more people will help you :)
Hey man, thanks for the help with lighting. I've got another stange issue. My seedlings have developed yellowing and crisping on the bottom leaves and have purple..ish stems and leaf bases. What do you think I should do?

IMAG04719.jpg
IMAG047015.jpg

Where is your topic? I can't find it.

Can someone help me fix this issue? How do I add nitrogen to a plant which I know has a nitrogen deficiency.

Hey bud!

That doesn't look so much as nitrogen deficiency as it does some leaf burning or other basic environmental issues. Careful with trying to feed that baby plant nutrients at this point...

I think it's nitrogen because the stem is a purple and the leaves are going away from the bottom up, which is pretty standard with Nitrogen deficiencies

IMAG051311.jpg

What would you do in my position?

I also have another seedling, a little older, 4 days older and it doesn't seem to exhibit the same deficiencies.

IMAG05099.jpg

Stems will have a purple tinge to them.. you're fine there.

The thing is that pretty much any soil will have enough nitrogen content in it to last quite a little while. Nitro deficiencies usually don't come out until later.. and many times is blamed for other types of deficiencies or basic nutrient lockout from waterlogged soil. The flip side of this as well is that young plants such as that are not at the stage of using such a high amount of nitrogen than they become deficient. We can pretty much promise you with all certainty that's not a nitro deficiency :)

Also, it's normal for seedlings to let their first set or two of leaves dry up and drop off.. this is the normal cycle of life when growing from seed.

What to do? Check your watering habits. Are you over watering? How close are your lights? Are they close enough to burn? Air circulating nicely? Ambient temps ok?

If it's not a nitrogen deficiency then why is it that the other seedling I have is dying? take a look, perhaps I'm doing something else wrong.

IMAG05047.jpg

Should I just try to change the soil? I'm not sure of the pH, I'm inclined to say that it's acidic. How often would you water seedlings and how much?

Yeah.. that soil looks very suspect. It looks very dense and possibly over watered. Watering habits can make or break things very quickly.

Where did the soil come from? Are you waiting for the soil to dry before watering again? Your soil does look very dense and is most likely not drying out fully between waterings. This is why mixing up your own soil is a great thing to do. Even basic soil can at least be improved with a few amendments from any local hardware/garden store.

A basic rule of thumb for watering is to stick your finger straight into your soil about 1/3 of the way up. How does the soil feel? Is it cold and wet or dry down there? If it's wet, don't water.

the soil is potting soil I got a year ago, I water it about once a day. I wait for it to be kinda dry and then water moderatley. I never water when the soil is still wet.

Once a day thought for plants that big could still be too much. When you check your soil moisture, are you checking down in the soil and not just the surface? Remember that where the moisture really matters is down in that root zone.. not up top on the surface. Drive your finger down on the side and feel around.

Smaller plants will be more affected like this as well since they don't have the root and leaf systems to consume and transpire as much water as larger plants.

I honestly think that this is your problem: Over watering and and dense potting material.

Solution? Start doing some checking around on soil mixes and how to make your own. There's all kinds of great info out there! I would mix up some nice, porous, breathable soil and transplant those babies that you have there..

Maybe you can consider this one, LuminiGrow 450R1, I grow 5 plants under it, quite powerful! and this light comes with a smart controller, really a nice mate

Thanks for the suggestion. I repotted 2 of my plants today. I put it in some soil I got at homedepot gardening department, was fresh, looked porous and nice. From the photo, you can't really tell that the stem is purple but in person... that stem looks REALLY purple, the bottom of the fan leave stems are purple too.

How far should my lights be? I didn't water my soil today because it felt pretty moist. how long would you say the purple-ness will last?
when will i know when shit hits the fan? I have one good seed and by chance it germinated, I live in a place where not many seed banks will ship and I don't think I'll come across a seed like that again.

IMAG055014.jpg

^^The discoloration on few of the leaves is a little weird, what could that be?

IMAG054614.jpg

(same image as above) There is one leaf with a little brown/yellow and curling.. what could this be?

IMAG054519.jpg

This is the goodweed seed, The stem is purple, lower leaves are curling, probably going to die soon.

Back
Top Bottom