Which LED for my style?

HalfBaked98

Hey guys, I'm currently on my first grow, my seedlings are doing very good. Here's my question. To provide light to more than 1 plant at a time using CFL's can catch up to my electrical bill. I was thinking of growing between 2-3 plants at a time, FIM them and SCROG them. Which LED would you suggest? I was thinking between these two, let me know which one you think is better. For my purpose. (I don't intend to be or become a professional grower)

Mars II 400w
Reflector LED grow light 144x3w

1 plant under 1 96x3 topled reflector

bvvvv.JPG

would you say that 3 plants in a 2x2 space is alot? what do you think is the perfect proportion between plants per sq ft. and yield?

In a good scrog I could only fit one plant in a 2x2. I have low trained plants and have them in about a 4x4 now. 4 full size plants and about 10 clones in there now under mars II

Well tbh i have no clue, so instead of talking crap, i'd let some more experienced people chip in here :)

No i don't think 3 plants is a lot, and finding the right containers can be a lot of work. I am able to fit in 4, 3 gallon buckets. 2ft by 2ft
I guess if i was still doing soil i'd stick with one plant in a big ass container and then scrog the plant.

7 plants under 2 of the 96x3. Unless you are planning to grow 4 foot high plants the 3 watt lights are a better choice in my opinion, since you don't need all that extra vertical penetration. I would say the 144x3 would be perfect for 2 large lst'd plants

Oct15Canopy1.jpg

My room is 5.5x5.5x6.5 feet, with the 2 TopLED reflectors I was nicely covering 40x30 inches, but with the addition of my Metal Halide I could do a full 4x3 space with great coverage. I just posted some pics with the 3 lights.

I've got two 3 gallon buckets and two 5 gallon buckets under the 400. Plus the ten clones or so. I just picked up an old model 100x3 for my autos and clones, so when I get more space I'll have both in flower room.

what do you think would yeild me most in a 3-4 month period? less plants and bigger pots or more plants and smaller pots? I want to maximize the efficiency of both my space and the LED? what style of growing would you suggest if I can only grow 2-3 plants at a time and i choose to buy one of those two LED mentioned in my first post?

would you say that 3 plants in a 3x5 space using the (Reflector LED grow light 144x3w) <---- This LED
would be a good grow?

That light will cover about a 3x2 space and do 3 medium sized plants quite nicely I think.

The soil should dry out pretty thoroughly between waterings. If you are watering while the soil is too damp you are overwatering. If the soil stays wet for a few days in a row then it may be too heavy and you can overwater if you are not careful.

Back
Top Bottom