Which LED?

SlickChief

Hey guys, I'm doing a small box grow for self-medication (it's expensive at the dispensaries...)
I'm all set except I don't know which LED to get. I want a tried and true brand for around $300.
I'll only be growing 2 or 3 plants at a time in a small space (see pic below).

I have it down to these two

Mars II 400w
Mars II 700w (will this be too much for my plants in such a small area?)

As you can see there will be only less than 3 feet between the plants and the light, and I will have a SCROG.

grow_zpscfdb12b0.png

Hello!

With the forum discount applied, we could offer your our 300w/100x3w P300 unit for $350 w/ free shipping - P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights

This may actually be slight overkill so as an alternative, there's the 150w/50x3w P150 unit for $217 w/ free shipping - P150 – Platinum LED

Either of these units would work absolutely incredibly in that space and give you a beautiful 11-band spectrum produced by cool running top quality diodes with a 5 year US warranty. You honestly can't get a better light for the money!

Check out a couple of 420 Magazine grow journals including one with a similar cabinet grow:

4x4 grow - LED and High Brix

Most of all, be very careful with your lighting choice! Trying to save a penny or two on cheaper 5w or 3w units will only cost you dearly in the short and long run with vastly decreased yield due to low PAR output + limited spectrum yet high power consumption. Add in massive excess heat, safety issues, warranty issues, etc.

Remember too that it's not about raw power consumption, it's about a finely tuned, multi-band spectrum at the highest PAR value you can get. All of our units will outperform other units that consume over twice as much power.. and you can check this out in the journals above. :love:

If we can help in any way, please don't hesitate to get in touch either by phone, email or web chat! We're always here to help and love doing so..

:high-five:

:peace: :Namaste: :peace:

Hello SlickChief,

Thank you :)

please take our mars II400w for your grow, you only have 2x1.5area, mars II 700w is too over power. and if you order before 28th, u can get this discount code: 420magazine 3% discount. We have enough lights stock in United States now. we can ship the light out within 24 business hours after you place order.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask me . welcome to join our family" top led grow light discount" we have a lot friendly people there to help you, tell you how to use our grow light correctly, help you grow better and better:)
Hey guys, I'm doing a small box grow for self-medication (it's expensive at the dispensaries...)
I'm all set except I don't know which LED to get. I want a tried and true brand for around $300.
I'll only be growing 2 or 3 plants at a time in a small space (see pic below).

I have it down to these two

Mars II 400w
Mars II 700w (will this be too much for my plants in such a small area?)

As you can see there will be only less than 3 feet between the plants and the light, and I will have a SCROG.

grow_zpscfdb12b0.png

Sorry Sara, I've decided to go with the P300!

However I've replaced my growbox to a growtent which is only 3 feet tall.

PlatinumLED, what's the reccommended height distance from the LED to my precious plants?

I'm a bit worried that I'll have to keep it quite high such as 18in because the Wattage is so high for my small growspace only leaving me 18inches for my plants...

EDIT: because of the limited vertical space i have I will probably implementing the sCROG method.

Hey SC!

3 ft total.. that's pretty close! The great LED panel hanging height debate is a looonnnnng one indeed.. :)

We have customers that hang them everywhere from 18" to 0" and everything in between. We would start with 18" and then play with it from there to achieve best coverage with max intensity. The name of the game with LED panels is to get them as close as possible while still covering everything and maintaining a happy plant. They'll let you know if they're not happy with the intensity by way of leaves shying away from the light..

Any questions, feel free to give us a call anytime at 321-800-8926 and we'd be more than happy to walk you through it or help in any way..

:Namaste:

Sorry Sara, I've decided to go with the P300!

However I've replaced my growbox to a growtent which is only 3 feet tall.

PlatinumLED, what's the reccommended height distance from the LED to my precious plants?

I'm a bit worried that I'll have to keep it quite high such as 18in because the Wattage is so high for my small growspace only leaving me 18inches for my plants...

Once my topled 48x3w panel got within 12 inches of the top I would have bleaching on the tips of my upper leaves.

I'm assuming a stronger panel will need more than that due to increased par value at the centre?

So ya my limit so far with leds has been a foot. Any closer and they fry... your results may vary.

For your space I'd hang the light as high as possible and let the plant try to grow into it. It will naturally come to a point where it stops trying to grow upward and then you have an idea what you're going to want for the top of the canopy.

Again that's just my extremely limited experience with leds. Your mileage may vary. Best of luck with the p300 I'll be joining the Platinum club with the baby p150. Should be a cool comparison to the topled watt for watt.

Back
Top Bottom