Which LED

I think if I were to buy something like that I would take a hard look at HLG.

I was looking at HLG when I was in the market for a light. They have good products but comparing the spectrum of HLG to budgetLED I went with budget. The OP said 300 was what he was working with and while budget costs more for the size he needs HLG would be even more.

Take a look at @Dutchman1990, he switched from Mars to BudgetLED if I remember correctly to see some results.

I was looking at HLG when I was in the market for a light. They have good products but comparing the spectrum of HLG to budgetLED I went with budget. The OP said 300 was what he was working with and while budget costs more for the size he needs HLG would be even more.

Take a look at @Dutchman1990, he switched from Mars to BudgetLED if I remember correctly to see some results.
There are 2 people on this forum (that I know of) that have both Budget and Q Boards. They both use them at the same time and both prefer HLG. Quantum Boards can be more expensive, but not always. Your right about the money constraints. My rational is instead of buying youre next light, maybe save a bit and buy your last light. Just an opinion. My next lights will be ChilLED... i gotta save my money

@Budget LED smokes MarsHydro when it comes to the overall quality and output of the lights! If your shopping shop budget!

Hey all, I’m currently using the blurple led things I have 3 of them they have worked decent but I think I want to try another light in my second tent. I’m looking at this BP3000 for my 4x4 any tips? Comments reviews anything helps I don’t want to spend more than about 300$
Thanks everyone let’s get some chatting in
I don’t see the benefit in paying a lot. I think if people would just measure soil level light intensity, these expensive light prices will fall.

I’m new to this, but light intensity
is light intensity. Whether it’s $1000-$50. the intensity of light is what matters.

if the conversation is- how well it’s made, how long it lasts, it’s efficiency... pay a lot, that’s what you pay for.

I’m new to growing. Yes, but Photosynthetic science doesn’t care how much your light costs. See what I’m saying?

This is my opinion. And if I’m completely off... then maybe this plant doesn’t listen to the same rules as every plant in nature. Which wouldn’t surprise me, this plant is far beyond any plant I’ve found in nature! Lmao

Btw. I wouldn’t be growing right now if I didn’t spend $59 on my led. I never could’ve paid $500 for a light, I paid that for my entire setup and seeds.

Hope that’s helpful. Good luck to you friend!

There are 2 people on this forum (that I know of) that have both Budget and Q Boards. They both use them at the same time and both prefer HLG. Quantum Boards can be more expensive, but not always. Your right about the money constraints. My rational is instead of buying youre next light, maybe save a bit and buy your last light. Just an opinion. My next lights will be ChilLED... i gotta save my money

I totally understand that rational and agree with it. This led from budget very well may be my last light unless of course I get a larger space or go the mother/clone route which with my plans/desires will have to be done this just means a larger space and I can just use T5/8 or CFL for that. But if BudgetLED produces a light that surpasses the one I have I may buy that one if my budget allows and I feel the price warrants the outcome :laugh: :rofl: Price to performance ratio always plays a large determining factor for me.

Link me this ChilLED please. Maybe through PM as they aren't a sponsor.

I don’t see the benefit in paying a lot. I think if people would just measure soil level light intensity, these expensive light prices will fall.

I’m new to this, but light intensity
is light intensity. Whether it’s $1000-$50. the intensity of light is what matters.

if the conversation is- how well it’s made, how long it lasts, it’s efficiency... pay a lot, that’s what you pay for.

I’m new to growing. Yes, but Photosynthetic science doesn’t care how much your light costs. See what I’m saying?

This is my opinion. And if I’m completely off... then maybe this plant doesn’t listen to the same rules as every plant in nature. Which wouldn’t surprise me, this plant is far beyond any plant I’ve found in nature! Lmao

Btw. I wouldn’t be growing right now if I didn’t spend $59 on my led. I never could’ve paid $500 for a light, I paid that for my entire setup and seeds.

Hope that’s helpful. Good luck to you friend!

Light intensity def plays a large role in outcome, there is no denying that. If covid didn't happen I wouldnt have been able to buy the light I did. Basically the feds bought it =] I probably would have went Mars as that is what I could have made happen. I still don't have a tent so I can't even use the light :rofl: This would have been the case if I went Mars or Budget so it's moot but nonetheless amusing. If I had the desire I would have put the time into researching how to create various spectrums using LEDs and built my own however I chose to pay for the convenience of not having to do that.

Honestly this guy is getting great results using his blurple. I have my own thoughts and opinions when it comes to blurples - mainly diagnosing problems but I know you can just as easily take them out of the tent for inspection. The other being purely aesthetic, but looking at the outcome I am just not understanding why he wants to change.

I totally understand that rational and agree with it. This led from budget very well may be my last light unless of course I get a larger space or go the mother/clone route which with my plans/desires will have to be done but again this just means a larger space but I could just use T5/8 or CFL for that. But if BudgetLED produces a light that surpasses the one I have I may buy that one if my budget allows and I feel the price warrants the outcome :laugh: :rofl: Price to performance ratio always plays a large determining factor for me.

Link me this ChilLED please. Maybe through PM as they aren't a sponsor.
I'm glad you're happy with the Budget product. If it works then that's the bottom line.

I haven't used it so Idk for sure yet but I am pretty sure it will do the job in at least the above average to excellent range. I have nothing to compare it with but looking at pictures I have seen on here I think I will be happy with the results. I couldn't afford HLG when I was in the market and I can't sit here and say I would have went with them even if I could after coming across budget. The spectrum is very important(on the same level as intensity in my opinion) being inside and being able to switch from a higher blue to higher red as the plant grows just made better sense to me being as the sun creates higher blue in the spring(when plants start to grow again after winter) and more red as it moves further away from earth triggering flowering. Trying to mimic the outdoor isn't an easy task.

I took a look at ChilLED, they look good. I like that they are scalable if you have that space and they seem to be super efficient but again Budget has a scalable light(smart dude here, watching the market so he knows what needs to be created to stay competitive), coming back to spectrum, assuming what they show on their homepage holds true for all of thier products(I couldn't find any spectrum graphs past that - lmk if you do) the blue is kind of low and it's not switchable. Budget has a higher red spike (IR/far red is important). Then of course there is price being in the HLG range makes me go towards budget lol. The only thing that I can think that this company may have done better on is coverage/light spread. But given my tent will be a 3x3 the one that I would need to get wouldn't fit.

Here I am sounding like a BudgetLED fan boy and I haven't even used the light :rofl:

Another thing to take into account is an individuals needs. There may be a light out there that may have fit mine a little better, but given the amount of research I did before I bought it thus the time and effort I put into this, I was just done and for me Budget was the best choice that had come into my awareness.

I haven't used it so Idk for sure yet but I am pretty sure it will do the job in at least the above average to excellent range. I have nothing to compare it with but looking at pictures I have seen on here I think I will be happy with the results. I couldn't afford HLG when I was in the market and I can't sit here and say I would have went with them even if I could after coming across budget. The spectrum is very important(on the same level as intensity in my opinion) being inside and being able to switch from a higher blue to higher red as the plant grows just made better sense to me being as the sun creates higher blue in the spring(when plants start to grow again after winter) and more red as it moves further away from earth triggering flowering. Trying to mimic the outdoor isn't an easy task.

I took a look at ChilLED, they look good. I like that they are scalable if you have that space and they seem to be super efficient but again Budget has a scalable light(smart dude here, watching the market so he knows what needs to be created to stay competitive), coming back to spectrum, assuming what they show on their homepage holds true for all of thier products(I couldn't find any spectrum graphs past that - lmk if you do) the blue is kind of low and it's not switchable. Budget has a higher red spike (IR/far red is important). Then of course there is price being in the HLG range makes me go towards budget lol. The only thing that I can think that this company may have done better on is coverage/light spread. But given my tent will be a 3x3 the one that I would need to get wouldn't fit.

Here I am sounding like a BudgetLED fan boy and I haven't even used the light :rofl:

Another thing to take into account is an individuals needs. There may be a light out there that may have fit mine a little better, but given the amount of research I did before I bought it thus the time and effort I put into this, I was just done and for me Budget was the best choice that had come into my awareness.
I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.

Lmao! I know about mushrooms, I laughed for like 5 hours while watching tv. Seriously I was pretty much laughing like there was a running joke for 5 strait hours... I can’t handle that every day. Lol
The first time I dropped acid we ended up watching Pink Floyd's The Wall and laughed the entire time. Not really a comedy but it was that night

Psychedelics are powerful indeed.

I use them for self betterment these days rather than recreational though.
I haven't done anything like that in decades. I got arrested on it... that was the end of self betterment and recreational for me

it scares me... seriously, how can something do that. I couldn’t believe the mushrooms, I don’t trust myself with anything that strong.

If you're interested in self betterment/personal growth using ayahuasca, San Pedro or mushrooms with a shaman is quite beneficial. Just make sure the shaman is legit.

Back
Top Bottom