Which one of these strains would be best for my space?

Crane

I'm planning on starting the next grow soon, after my "shtf"-kind of current auto-grow.

I have a 315w Cmd fixture, and the max height of the plants could be something like 40 inches. I will top and LST to keep them low-ish. 3 gallon containers and BioBizz soil mix.

I'm gonna go for feminized photos next grow, and I have my eyes on the following strains:
- HSO chocolate mint OG
- HSO amhurst sour diesel
- Dinafem Gorilla

Could anyone help me decide one strain from these? I want a strong, easy, not-too-big, fast strain, in that order. I've been going through reviews of these strains,but as always, somebody says "doesn't really stretch much" and the next person says "doubles in size" about a one and the same strain.

Muchos appreciation!

What size of space are you in?

But you can always super crop or top things to keep growth shorter ?

Indica and autos are great for smaller set ups and hybrid with good training for mid sized ?

Different phenos within the strain will have different growth characteristics, hence reviews that seem to contradict..

I'm planning on starting the next grow soon, after my "shtf"-kind of current auto-grow.

I have a 315w Cmd fixture, and the max height of the plants could be something like 40 inches. I will top and LST to keep them low-ish. 3 gallon containers and BioBizz soil mix.

I'm gonna go for feminized photos next grow, and I have my eyes on the following strains:
- HSO chocolate mint OG
- HSO amhurst sour diesel
- Dinafem Gorilla

Could anyone help me decide one strain from these? I want a strong, easy, not-too-big, fast strain, in that order. I've been going through reviews of these strains,but as always, somebody says "doesn't really stretch much" and the next person says "doubles in size" about a one and the same strain.

Muchos appreciation!

First throw out the Chocolate Mint Og. I REALLY mean that! Do not grow them. I just grew it out. Had hell with some of the seeds popping. What did come up all hermied mid flower. I have some of the Amhurst Sour D that I was going to start. It got really mediocre reviews from people that had grow it so I put it on hold. That leaves the Gorilla. If you want 2 strains then do the Amhurst.

If I were you I would see about finding replacements for the Chocolate Mint og. You may have to go right to HSO but they know the seeds are bad. I raised holy hell with them about it. It took some doing but they did sent replacements. Can't say I was happy in the end but at least they tried. Not sure how you will need to go about it but someone will replace them. Who did you get the seeds from originally?

The company I got my seeds from couldn't discuss it with me so they sent me right to HSO. That may be the case with you. Local is better though maybe they will talk with you about it. If growing is legal there they should.
It isn't their fault so they can only do so much. Like I said HSO knows so they shouldn't contest it. I can't say that your seeds are from the same batch of seeds but they probably are. I got mine last years when they came out. I had to deal with people only through emails and got it done. I hope you can solve it without to much trouble. I do believe you can solve it at least at some level.
They sent replacement seeds of a strain I didn't ask for but they did send replacement seeds. Only 3 when it should have been 5 but they tried. Make sure you tell them what you want. Also they replaced mine with seeds in a baggy and not a breeder pack. Like I can trust those LMAO. Still "They tried"
Stay on them and you should be able to solve this. Let me know if I can help.

First throw out the Chocolate Mint Og. I REALLY mean that! Do not grow them. I just grew it out. Had hell with some of the seeds popping. What did come up all hermied mid flower. I have some of the Amhurst Sour D that I was going to start. It got really mediocre reviews from people that had grow it so I put it on hold. That leaves the Gorilla. If you want 2 strains then do the Amhurst.

If I were you I would see about finding replacements for the Chocolate Mint og. You may have to go right to HSO but they know the seeds are bad. I raised holy hell with them about it. It took some doing but they did sent replacements. Can't say I was happy in the end but at least they tried. Not sure how you will need to go about it but someone will replace them. Who did you get the seeds from originally?
Listen to him he is a teacher to me so thansk loupe ✊

Not sure what they will admit or not. Hopefully they just replace them. They are just to risky. Mine hermied around week 5 or so. They were covered in frost and great looking plants.

I got lucky and noticed males sacks on one plant pretty early. After further investigation they were all up in the buds. They were everywhere. I even got pictures to prove it to them. After killing that plant I double checked the other the next day. It was in a different tent. Both grow environments were perfect and all other plants were fine. The Chocolate Mint was the only one to hermie. It was the seeds and not me I am sure of that.

That's 3 months of time, energy, care and everything else involved to lose both plants! I had other plants so it wasn't to bad. If not for that I could have lost everything.

After my experience, no way can I grow or let someone grow that strain again. The risks are so much more than any rewards. You would think that they would understand. Once word got out everyone is going to feel the same way. They should just pull it.

I guess I'm just gonna wait for their answer. How much seeds does a company make on average from one seed run? I mean do they make enough to last a year's international supply, or what might be the turnaround? There's some recent diaries online where people seem to have had no problems with the strain but who knows...if I don't hear from them,I'll just go and get some other seeds,maybe the Dinafem Gorilla.

I don't know how they go about it either. Mostly likey they make a shit load at one time. Most will be obsolete by the time they are sold now days.
That would mean 1 male and a whole shit load of females. Maybe my seeds came from a hermie mother and all the others will be fine. As long as the pollen came from a good plant the females could be the carry of bad genetics. You would think it would be clones of the same mother but who knows. All I know is mine hermied for no fault of mine.

My big thing is. How can I let you grow those seeds when I know you may end up screwed like me. I am not bashing HSO. Just the Chocolate Mint Og.

If you're at HSO stay there just pick a different strain such as Black Dog, which has been grown by many members here with excellent results.

I wouldn't think they would replace them, you got what you ordered, so far..Grow them... Plenty have had no issues with the strain... if anothers experience is enough to turn you off, order something else.. but there's nothing wrong with what you got... So far..

Grizzwald has a point. Nothing says you are going to get the outcome I did. They can't be hermies until you grow them. Wasn't sure what HSO would do. Can't blame them for denying it. A lot matters how much communication they have. There is a chance they didn't hear about my problems. It would cost a bunch to replace all them. I don't see them volunteering to do it.

I also don't "Know" you will have a problem. All I can say is it wasn't environmental. Your choice. If you decide not to grow them let me know I have picture of mine when they hermied. I can send them to you and you can lie. Just wait 5 months and email them again. LMAO. Not a very nice thing to do that's for sure.

I really don't know what I would do in your situation. It is easy to say don't grow them. Hard to do when you have seeds that you already purchased. Not everyone has enough seeds to say some are not worthy of growing. Hard choice I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom