Which Strain?

DUKE1985

Hey Guys

I've been reading forums and researching for the past few weeks on which strain I should go with on my first grow attempt, however, I've gotten nowhere. I'm looking to grow something that will flower as fast as possible (my time frame is approx 6-7 weeks) and not commercial grade if I can avoid it. (Low Ryder is the only type i've heard of that will "autoflower" but the crop is said to be mediocre). Yield is perhaps the least importance to me as it will be my first attempt and only smoked by myself and a few friends. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Pick an indica strain. Veg it for about 3 or 4 weeks and then throw the lights to 12/12. I suppose you could let it veg for 1 week and then put it into 12/12 budding cycle but your yield will be lower. I don't know of any strains that'll finish at 6 to 7 weeks Some strains may finish during week 7 of budding but the more likely time frame will be 8 to 9 weeks for a fast indica. As far sites sending beans to the states, just about any of them do. Check the 420 sponsors that sell beans.
Lastly, what do you mean by "autoflower"?

edit: This looks like a great choice: BC Ice
BC Ice is a great indoor plant, producing a powerful aroma and dense buds. The compact buds are covered with heavy crystals. First time cultivators will find this strain to be good starter variety. Strong plants with very minimal foliage making it an easy harvest. A classic Ice high can last a long time.
FLOWERING TIME: 7 - 9 weeks

Try this one, too: BC God Bud
BC God Bud is one of the very best indica. This smaller plant produces a very powerful aroma and great flavour. This variety is great for indoor growing.
Flowering period 7/9 weeks

Thanks Gorillabuds
I really appreciate the advice.

I came across "autoflowering" when I was looking at strains that could be harvested the earliest. From what I read they are a Ruderalis species of cannabis. They have less THC than Indicas or Sativas,are short, and auto-flowering meaning you don't have to "to go 12/12 to flower" but "you can keep the lights 18/6 or 24/0 so the plant gets as much light as veg but still flowers". One of most strains is Lowryder and Lowryder #2

Any thoughts on these strains?

Ruderalis is just ditch weed..grows wild in a lot of places. Indicas are short and would be the desired strain to grow if you want short plants. Lowryder claims direct descendence from superior William’s Wonder and Northern Lights no.2 indica, while keeping the identity of its third, more exotic ruderalis type ancestor a secret. Yield: 5 - 15 grams per plant. Give it a try if you want and do a grow journal so we can see how a 60 day, auto flowering grow turns out. I think Lowryder has made it's way through the forums here and didn't have favorable reviews. Personally, I'd rather grow a good Indica and get 4 OZ in 90 days than 5 to 15 grams in 60 days. If you're growing indoors, lowryder would be a very expensive grow. Which would you rather have...90 days with a chick that's always hot, sticky and has big buds or 60 days with some malnourished gimp that's not gonna give you much bang (all pun intended) for your buck? GL with whatever you decide to grow.

Back
Top Bottom