Which trichomes are best to look at?

jokerlola

I getting close to harvest but I always have trouble deciding if the plants are ready yet by the trichomes. First, which are best the trichomes do look at? The Trichomes in the buds or on the sugar leaves? I have a lot of amber on the sugar leaves but the buds have a mix of clear, milky and a few amber. Second, in the buds I'm seeing both clear and milky with a few amber scattered around. Should I wait till there are no clear trichomes? If I do that I think there will be a lot of amber by then. I always hear 10 to 20% amber is ideal. Should I just shoot for that and ignore the clear ones and only look for the 10-20% amber?

From what I gather - here and elsewhere - you are spot on. Most trichomes will be cloudy, some may still be clear, and about 15-20% amber. On the buds. This will give a desirable effect that is not too heavy. More amber equals more heavy (some users prefer this). But don't harvest yet if most trichomes are still clear.

Right now the trichomes are about 48% clear and 48% milky and 4% amber. So I should wait for the 15 - 20% and ignore any clear trichomes?

Back
Top Bottom